HOME     ABout     Contact

12.09.2010

"The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."



 

If you are reading this right now, then you should know something: I would much rather drive on a side road than to ever get on a traffic congested highway or interstate. I will take the "road less traveled" in other words...


I take my time driving. I am never in a rush to get anywhere because I always leave my house in enough time to get somewhere. I may rush to get ready (which is about 20 minutes with washing/blowdrying hair, picking & putting on an outfit, makeup and brushing teeth--think it takes more than 20 minutes to do all that? Well that guys is what college taught me).


Anyways, back to driving...well the reason I am even telling you all this is because of the quote that was emailed to me today.

"The really HAPPY person is the one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour." Well I don't know about you but I don't wake up every morning feeling realllly happy. I am one of those people that gets up, 20 mins and I'm ready to head out the door and be at work by 8. Sit at my desk for hours and then go back home. Pretty routine. Routines can get you in a rut.

A rut that doesn't make you feel really happy, since the job isn't very intriguing. Don't get me wrong I love my job, I love having a place to come to and earn an income, and I love the people I work with. I just don't have many responsibilites yet, since this is my first job out of college.

I want to be the person in this quote everyday, all day.

Not just when I'm driving :)

Until next time,
Cg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.