HOME     ABout     Contact

1.24.2011

week THREE.

What.A.Week.

I don't think I have ever felt the way I have this past week.
Monday, after viewing Black Swan for the second time, I found out that the lady who waxes my eyebrows was killed by her husband. Devastating.

I don't deal well with death. One of my fears, i guess.
So I really needed to get out of town and clear my head.
Well thanks to Colleen and Lila, I did just that.

Destination: Memphis, TN.
My first time, ever.

I was a participant in the Lisa 5K run.
I ran walked 3 miles and it took me 55 minutes.
That time is ridiculous.
I should be in better shape, I'm only 23.
However, my hips believe I'm 89 with a birthday coming up real fast.

NO blog is great without pictures so here are some:





Now on to the better part: FOOD & Beale Street.

I had soo much delicious food this past weekend.
Best hamburger I've ever eaten at Huey's. They gave me pickles on my burger and a pickle spear on the side....that is my version of culinary heaven.
Dinner was at Rendezvous (barbeque delish)
Sunday morning brunch was at a place called Cockadoos. I had cathead biscuits covered in sausage gravy, crispy bacon and sweet tea that could give you a cavity on the 3rd sip.
I loooooooved the food.

Here's the pics I snapped at Huey's:






Beale Street was interesting.
It was pretty cold so we did not really get to enjoy the actual street.
However, I did enjoy frozen drinks and the Rachel Zoe vest I wore.
I would love to go back when its warmer and I'm sure I will.






oh yeah, and beads for a dollar.


I am still hurting from the 5K.
Will be joining a gym on Thursday.
Might be the only change I make on week FOUR.

Until next time folks,
Cg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.