HOME     ABout     Contact

3.17.2011

It's Green Day...and not the band :)

So according to Crayola crayons, my shirt is still in the "green" family..its a blue-green; however, that did not stop one of my coworker's from pinching me, me telling her "its close enough" and her apologizing for that pinch.

My friend Lila has recently become a BIG fan of the Green Monster's; however, she did not follow the ingredients to the T..she added some.
So this my friends is her "Not so green Monster" :)

Ingredients:

1 cup spinach
1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 banana
1 Tbs. ground flax seed
Splash of orange juice
1 Tbs. local honey (optional)
Few cubes of ice
*She crams everything into her little blender and a few minutes later...breakfast is ready! The local honey is to help her allergies, but it also sweetens the smoothie.  She also uses fresh fruit; slices it and freezes it ahead of time so less prep work in the morning!*

Here is the result:


She thinks it is a coicidence that her skin looks better around the same time she started drinking these, I don't. I also loved her comment one day on bbm when she said: "if my hair starts growing because of these smoothies, i will drink them like it's my job." :)


I am also trying to convince Lila to create herself a blog.
All day we talk about how much we love La Mia Vita's and CupcakesandCashmere...
So the only thing to do now is to start your own girl! :)
Wanna know who she is? Look below.


So today is the big awaited St. Patty's Day...
I will be honest, I don't know anything about this particular holiday...
I do know that I will be attending the Jackson St. Patty's Day Parade on Saturday though.
I plan on having a great time and possibly wearing this dress:


The one in the middle.
Its not SUPER green, but thats what I like about it.
Can't walk around lookin like err'body else, now can I?

[also i get to see those 2 girls in the pic with me in about 2-3 weeks and I cannot wait! and how ironic that they are wearing green, and this def wasn't taken last st. patty's day]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.