HOME     ABout     Contact

4.19.2011

Reason, Season, or a Lifetime...


After commenting on Laura Marie's post yesterday, I re-read some of the comments and people really seemed to like what I wrote. I never expected my comment to really help people out but I wanted to elaborate on it since it helped some people get through some things.

I received an email a few months back about 3 things: Reason, Season, or a Lifetime.
The email was about how to make sense of people just leaving your life and you don't know why.  Basically, it is God's way of opening/closing doors if you want to think of it that way.

Reason
This is the first one of the three.
It means that the person was in your life for a specific REASON.
If you think back and see a person in your past that was only there for a couple months, after a break-up or a death of a loved one, then that's all they were needed for. God placed them in your life at that exact moment to help you in your time of need.

Season
Season is a little trickier.
It means that the person was there for a while, years even. For example, I've had friendships for years and then all of a sudden, Poof! they are just gone; your not friends anymore.  This is when you really think "where did I go wrong? When did it just stop?"
Well after reading this particular email, it helped me to stop asking those types of questions and blaming myself for something that was out of my control.  God places people in your life and he takes them away when He is ready in His time.

Lifetime
Lifetime is my favorite because I have an actual story for this one.











Kristin and I have known each other since we were little, in the same grade since school started but we became friends in the 10th grade. Best friends, actually.
We were inseparable: On the same dance team; riding around in her little red 2 door car, etc.

Well by the time we got to college, we started to branch out and we slowly became not-so-best friends. It even got to the point where we were "roommates that don't talk". (I am sure yall know what I am talking about).
My point is that even though we had a rough spot in our friendship, we are back to being best friends.  Because when you get to that level of friendship with someone, if it is TRUE friendship, it will always come back to you.
I will forever cherish my friendship with K.W. for a lifetime, really.

Now I am not posting this to say that you should be passive with your friendships. Every type of relationship takes work and time.
I am just saying that when a relationship with whomever ends, don't blame yourself.
God places who He wants in your life to help you, teach you, encourage you, etc.

And once you can place the people of your past into one of those 3 categories,
you will slowly begin to realize that the person you keep holding onto was probably only meant to be there for a reason, season, or if your lucky, a lifetime.




4 comments:

  1. I am SO in love with this post and this idea... I just happened to be struggling with the same thoughts lately - a bad end to a long-term relationship... and this totally put it all into perspective! Thank you for sharing this :)

    -From a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your welcome! I am so happy I gained you as a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this idea too. and your blog title is so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you Jenni! I hoped people would get my sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.