HOME     ABout     Contact

7.30.2011

Cassie Lately...

I was up this morning at 6:50 a.m.

Let me back up as to why:
Last night I went to visit my best friend at Baptist Hospital.  Her dad has been fighting lung cancer for a while now and he was diagnosed with stage four.

I went directly over there right after work and stayed for a couple hours.  This was my first time to go up there to see him since he was admitted into the hospital.  He was asleep the whole time but Kristin and I sat by his bed and just tried to talk about light-hearted things, knowing he could still hear us.

After leaving the hospital, my car started acting funny, the oil light would flicker at me.
So my dad checked my oil and I almost had none. zilch.
My mom and I took it in this morning and they tell me that it's a leak somewhere but they don't know where so I will just have to keep an eye on it for the rest of it's life.
(My car is old. like the year make is 2000. and it has almost 200,000 miles on it).
Old Betsy isn't going to make it much longer.
Must.save.more.money.


Only picture I have of Betsy.
This is her one time in Hatti when she was clothed in snow.
She liked it.

_________________________________________________________________


Update: Kristin text me at 6:15 a.m. this morning and told me that her dad lost the battle with cancer this morning around 3:15 a.m.   I had made plans to do something else tonight, but I have dropped all that to be with her. I know if it was me, I would want my closest friends around me.

Blogger friends, can I ask a favor?
Will you please say a prayer for Kristin and her family. I know her dad is in Heaven now, but his loved ones still on this Earth could always use the prayers.

FYI: Her dad loved Jersey Shore (it's what bonded me and him together, thanks Snooki)
and I turned on MTV an hour ago and Jersey Shore re-runs are on.
I'm taking that as a sign. Yep.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Cassie--you are such a good friend!! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kristin and her family. She's lucky to have you and we know her dad is finally at peace. Love and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.