HOME     ABout     Contact

10.24.2011

Tickled Pink...literally

At the beginning of the summer I received a phone call from one of my best friends, Anna.
It took her about .2 seconds to tell me that she was pregnant.
I was and still am so so so happy for her.

I was even more excited when she told me she was having a GIRL! 
I lovelovelove shopping for babies, especially when I get to go to the pink side of the aisle.

Now that I have gushed about how much I love little baby girls, I want to take an awkward twist in my post.  I want to tell this December baby a little story in October.
Here goes nothin...
__________________________________________________

Dear Aubrie Kate,
I do not know exactly when you will read this. I doubt it will be right after your born...I know your gonna be SUPER SMART but reading and getting online before your a month old? Calm down, overachiever.   

Honestly, I think you should wait a while before you check out this blog.  I wanna meet you in person before you go stalking all my pictures (that goes for facebook too).  Just rest a while and keep your parents awake at night. :) 





Now that you are rested up and a little older, I can now share with you this: YOUR mother is one of the sweetest, rarest and most fun people I know.  Before you came along, we used to live it up.  Over the past 3 years, on December 31st, we have spent time together counting down to 12:00 and ringing in the new year.  

Your mother was also the first person to ever let me experience Mardi Gras on a real float and I threw out beads to random strangers.  I will never forget these memories (and many more, but I won't go into detail because I know how much of an attention span you little ones have) and I cherish every moment I spend with the Allen/Clark family.  Don't think your mom was fun? Here are some pictures: 







Now that you know "Aunt Cassie" does not lie to you, I want to say that you are one of the luckiest little girls.  I know that your family is one of the best.  Why? Well it's just the way the cookie crumbled.  

Now enjoy your baby years; cause one day you will wake up and be as old and hopefully as witty as me.  





I cannot wait to meet you Aubrie Kate.  By the time you read this, I will have met you, held you, and probably made you smile/laugh.  Just ask your mom, I'm good at that last part. :)

Love you already.

Sincerely,
Aunt Cassie  

______________________________________________

Well I hope that wasn't too awkward.
It's not every day one of my best friend's has a baby girl.

If they did, my bank account would be pissed. ;) 
______________________________________________

[any pictures in this post that I am not in were taken off of pinterest.com and one from www.carriebradshawlied.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.