HOME     ABout     Contact

12.26.2011

The Fifth, and probably last, Tradition.

Tradition #5:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I promise this is one of the last traditions I will talk about. 

This particular tradition holds a deep feeling of nostalgia with me.  My best friend Kristin and I have always taken a day out of the week before Christmas to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the Jim Carrey version) and eat a double cheeseburger meal from McDonald's.  




I asked Kristin what year we started this tradition.  She said we were sophomores in  high school.  So basically we are going on our 9th year of this tradition.  Almost a decade of laughs, saying every line and watching Cindy Lou Who sing that Faith Hill Christmas song.  

This is by far the tradition I look forward to the most. It establishes for me a sense of home and true friendship.  Every year we have watched it at Kristin's house (aka my second home) and it is just nice to be somewhere comforting.

We ended up tweaking our routine this year.  Instead of eating a double cheeseburger meal from McDonald's, we went to Newks to eat lunch.
Our hearts semi-thanked us for a little less grease.


Even though I swore I was not going back into one, Kristin ended up talking me into going back to the mall right after Newks.  The traffic was terrible, but overall it was not that bad.  

We watched the movie in her living room and I ended up staying over until 10:30 that night. We gave each other our christmas gifts, ate on our Newk's pizza all day and even successfully made chocolate pudding.

I will always cherish this tradition.
I guess the quote is right: "saving the best for last." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.