HOME     ABout     Contact

12.27.2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's Birthday.
 

 
My mom is not one to have anything on the internet.  She doesn't believe in facebook, twitter, and definitely didn't want us posting anything back in the day on myspace.  She just learned how to text a couple months ago, taught herself. All of us were shocked.


 
My mother is one of the most caring individuals I have ever met. She loves my sister and I unconditionally, stands by my dad through thick and thin, and never expects you to get her any type of gift.  Cards make her cry, but she will go in the bathroom or kitchen to do it.
 
I want to follow in Laura's footsteps on the rest of this blog post. I will also be doing this same thing tomorrow. Some of you may know where I'm going with this:
 
 
Things I have learned from my Mother...
 
That no matter what you have going on in your life, always pray and thank God for your many blessings.
 
Speak to each person that comes into your house and offer them something to drink.
 
Attend church regularly and volunteer in the nursery.
 
Whenever living this life looks bad, look forward to spending eternity in Heaven.
 
Help take care of the youngest generation and check on the oldest.
 
Floss your teeth.  Or as she says "Don't feel like flossing? Well, only floss the teeth you want to keep then."
 
Never get too busy to call a relative/friend and say hello.
 
Attend family reunions and if everyone loves your blueberry pie, bring two of them.
 
Always call a person on their birthday.  Even if they forget to call you on yours.
 
Drive your vehicle until the wheels fall off; or until it just dies. Then buy another one.
 
You don't always have to have the most "in" thing at the moment.
 
Count your blessings daily.
 
Never let the weather determine your annual beach trip. Go even if it is raining.


 
That picking up sea shells may hurt your back, but it could also heal your soul.
 
Take your vitamins and drink water more times than you do Dr. Pepper's.
 
Always pay your bills on time. Never get a credit card, you WILL go into debt.
 
If you get a wedding invitation, go buy a gift. Even if you do not get the chance to attend the wedding.
 
Don't know what to buy someone for a gift? Buy towels.  Everyone can use more towels.
 
Famous quotes: "Stand up straight, suck it in; We'll see; Be careful (every time you get in your car to go somewhere); Buckle up, No texting and driving, Call me when you get to _________ (whatever destination that may be) and let me know that you got there safely." <-- the last 4 are said all at once every time you leave the house.
 
Last, but not least, say "i love you" constantly. Always let the ones around you know how you feel about them.
 
_______________________________________________


 
My mom is by far the one person I know I can go to whenever I have a problem.  She listens to me, even when I'm not saying a word out loud.  She knows my biggest fears and lets me know that nothing is bigger than God: He will always be there for us.  

I cannot express how much I love this woman.  God definitely knew what He was doing when He placed her with my dad and had me 30 years ago.  I will never be able to pay her back for everything she has done for me.  I look up to her and hopefully, one day I will follow in her footsteps.  

Although, at this moment I do not know how to sew or cook. Or even make that famous blueberry pie.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.