HOME     ABout     Contact

1.25.2012

Gonna go meet "Peter in the Park."




Everyone knows the saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."  
Well, I have to let yall in on a little secret: this post will not have EVERYthing we did in Nola in it. There is a span of 3 hours that will not be mentioned, but I was told at a certain location that my hat was pimp = Best.Compliment.Ever.


Non-Stop Saturday

  
Waking up Saturday was not hard to do.  We got up and got ready to hit the town because we planned on doing a lot of shopping.  Our first stop was to find something to eat.  I wanted a sandwich of some sort and eventually we all agreed on the Hard Rock Cafe.  
Great choice because a hamburger and fries were calling my name, or at least my fat cells.


After lunch, our first stop was Urban Outfitters.  I bought my first pair of Toms!



 I know I'm late on this whole Tom wearing trend, but better late than never.  
After a couple more stores, I ended up buying a necklace with a fan on it.  
If you know me at all, you know I have to have air. 
I also take my box fan everywhere.  
So a fan necklace is a must have, obviously.

The main thing that was so fun about Saturday was hanging out in the park and just being silly.
We threw pennies in the fountain and rolled around in the grass. 
It was just relaxing and fun to act like a kid again. 












After making our secret wish and walking into the church and realizing we were a little too underdressed for the wedding at 3 p.m, we walked over to Cafe Du Monde. 
I absolutely love this place.  
We sat down and did not have menu's so I ordered for everyone.  (I feel like I sound like a completely bossy person after these two posts but I promise I'm not, ha).  




Brooke had no idea how messy the powdered beignets would end being and she looked like Lindsay Lohan when she was done. 

After feeding the pigeons and probably shouldn't have, we walked around the riverwalk and did more shopping. By this time, my feet were starting to hurt.  
I began to get really crabby and just wanted to go lay down.  
Eventually thats what we did and began to get ready for the nightlife, after a mini-nap.



For dinner, we all agreed that we wanted pizza.  I could not remember where exactly where the pizza place was so we had to choose on Bourbon Street.  
When I say the pizza was sketchy, I mean it.  
I ordered a huge slice of pepperoni pizza and he just grabbed it from the glass and re-heated it.  Everyone was like "ehh, hope this doesn't make us sick."  
Our stomachs handled the sketchy pizza well, and we went on down the street.  
We went back to The Beach first cause we all wanted to shake what our momma gave us. 




 As we walked down the street some more, I was still getting complimented on my hat (decided to be the only one that night wearing one).  




After visiting a few un-mentionables...it was 3 am.  
We had to check out of the hotel in 8 hours.  
We all agreed that it was time to maybe call it a night.  As we were walking back to the hotel, 'wobble baby' came on and of course I had to dance right in the middle of the street. A bunch of people joined in and I could not stop smiling. 
We got back to the hotel and I immediately crashed.  
Woke up around ten for check-out at 11 and then headed back home.  


I cannot express how much fun I had or how happy I was to finally lay down in my bed at home and get some much needed rest.  
My girls are my life.  
Without them, this trip would not have been possible.  



I hope Brooke had a fabulous birthday bash.  I can't wait to go celebrate my birthday in New Orleans...but I am so thankful that I have 4 more months to recover before going back down to the Big Easy.



If you feel like I haven't written enough about Nola, you can feel free to email me @ cassandralynn23@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to tell you more. :) 
But I feel like I wrote a book so this is it...


7 comments:

  1. yayyy for your first pair of toms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaymee - I just wore them for the first time Tuesday night and I'm in love! I want a pair in every color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen - thought you would get a chuckle out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cassie! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. This trip looks so amazing! I love cafe du monde and new Orleans in general! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower to your blog!! My husband and I visited Nola last spring and loved it! Fantastic city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley - No Problem! :)

    Carol - Thank you for being a new follower! I hope I you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.