HOME     ABout     Contact

1.30.2012

I need advice....mainly YOURS.

Guess what is coming back to my office?





The Biggest Loser!


(this picture has nothing to do with this post. Well LC, does look skinny so it barely makes sense) 





That's right, I know I fell off the bandwagon during the last competition but something good did come out of it: 2 of my department co-workers won 1st and 2nd place!  Anybody can win the money this time around and I would like to be that winner.


One of my resolutions this year is to be down in the 130's by the time my birthday rolls around. 
That might be a really un-realistic goal but hey it is something to work toward.





The competition starts February 3 (this friday!) and lasts for 12 weeks. So by the time May 2nd rolls around the competition will be over and I hopefully will at least be in the top 3.





Why am I telling you guys this? Good question.


Well, I know I asked this last time but I would like your advice on the topics of:

  • Motivation tips (beside pictures on Pinterest)
  •  Healthy lunch choices
  •  Ways to burn calories while sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day
  •  The best workout dvd's (almost bought the pussycat dolls dvd at Target)
 I am also anti-treadmill. I just canceled my gym membership (felt like I was wasting $64.00 a month).  I am actually embarassed at my running technique on a treadmill, it is not something I want to subject others to.




I will go ahead and admit that I do know what I should be doing differently already: exercising, eating right, and counting calories.
I know it is going to be a hard, rough 12 weeks but I mean if losing weight was easy and simple...everyone would be skinny right?






Now I say all this to let you know that I will be having a new blog post once a week on Fridays right after I weigh in called:
 The BL Update.

I will let you know how much weight I've lost or gained, where I am in the competition, what I did to work out that week, a small re-cap of what I ate and if I gave into any cravings (which is a high possibility). It could be a super informative post or you could see how lazy I am, either way it could be witty if I write it well enough.

So please, leave me a comment or two on your weight loss advice; I need all the help I can get.



5 comments:

  1. When you go out to eat, choose an appetizer or kids meal and drink LOTS of water. Fruits and veggies will be your best friend too. If your really interested, remember I sell Advocare!! It's a diet with vitamins, eating heathy, and exercise (even if it's just walking)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also sit at my desk alll day. So I make it a point to go up a few times a day and go walking. If I can't make it outside because of the weather, then just at least around the building or just a little wander. I don't put on tennis shoes or anything - its not like I walk miles, but just getting up a few times a day is good for me (and give me eyes a break from the computer!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF you dont go home at lunch or like to pack lunches... head on over to Subway and try and do a 15 min walk at lunch. You'd be surprised how much those little walks do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat breakfast! Have protein in every meal, limit your carbs/sugar to the mornings.

    I want to do this challenge too!!

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl....I feel you on needing advice!

    First off, try a great website called myfitnesspal.com I use it religously and enter in everything I put into my mouth! You can set a weight loss goal and if you follow it, you'll lose it! I'm down about 8 pounds in two months.

    Second, try finding a work out class that you enjoy. I took up spinning about 3 weeks ago and I. LOVE. IT. SO much that I get my lazy rear out of bed at 5:30 am two days a week to go. It's awesome.

    Good luck to you--I'll be excited to see your updates!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.