HOME     ABout     Contact

4.10.2012

What is your THIRTY before 30?


If you are just joining in today, I want to say welcome.
But what I really want to say is,

What is your thirty before 30?







If you really know my blog, then you know I added a whole page above this that lists the 30 things I want to try and accomplish before I turn 30.

Which after May 2, will be in 5 years.
Eeek.


Just a little background about me: 
I have always been the type of person that plans things out.
To do lists make me happy, especially when I get to mark everything off.
I obviously waste a lot of paper doing this, and ink.


I have written down the thirty things I want to accomplish and I will write underneath it when I can mark one off.  


However, two weekends ago I made a decision to do something before I wrote it down and thought about all the pros/cons:

I decided I'm going skydiving.






Yes, you read that correctly.


Jumping out of a plane on.....
June 30, 2012.

I bookmarked it in my Iphone as the "day I could die, maybe."
Even Siri doesn't think it's the best idea.


But here's the thing: 
I'm not nervous or scared. 
I'm just..... excited.



Maybe it's the fact that I will be jumping with 3 of my best friends in the entire world.
Maybe it's because I will be strapped to a professional and won't be doing it alone.
Maybe it's because I've never been afraid of heights, I could have sat up in the air all day parasailing, and I have an obsession with airplanes that can't be explained. 
Whatever it is, I'm ready for it.






  
Now I just have to ask,

Would you ever go skydiving?





P.S.

Check out my Thirty before 30 page above

and

leave a comment with 5 things you have on your 30 before 30 bucket list. (: 




7 comments:

  1. Could never in a million years go skydiving. Ever! I can't wait to hear about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great item---I admire you!! On my list I've got parasailing, seeing Auschwitz, and dancing in the rain!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's amazing that you decided on skydiving! i think that's one of the most exciting things a person could do in their life, and I think if i ever set my mind to actually do it, i would be up for it! i don't actually have a 30 before 30 list, but i think i may just make one! it's a pretty great concept and i think a good way to motivate me to actually do things rather than just speculating or dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, skydiving! In my early 20s, my best friend and I planned to go but she got pregnant and no-one else wanted to go with me. Since then, I've lost all interest in going! Even though I'm way too chicken to contemplate it now, I still think it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh my gosh!! good for you taking life by the horns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your 30 before 30 idea! I am turning 25 in a week, which is such a milestone birthday, and have thought about the things that I want to accomplish before I settle down and get married, have a family, etc... this is such a great idea! Don't mind if I steal it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.