HOME     ABout     Contact

7.19.2012

Big Girls Don't Cry, well....


[this picture is the emotion I would like to feel, soon]

Hi there. Remember me?
Well, if you don't.  Do not feel bad.
I hardly remember my happy, funny self anymore.

Remember that time I told you I was going to go skydiving? Well, I didn't.
Remember that time (last friday) I was going to the beach with my bff? Well, I didn't.
Remember that time I told you how happy I was to be doing that awesome thing that's changing my life? Well, exactly. I haven't.
I am starting to lose out on life because I just don't feel good.

It truly hit me last night as I was ready for bed at 9 p.m., that I am not happy.
I have never been the person to use the word 'depressed' ever, but I said it out loud Sunday night riding on a golf cart with a married couple I am fondly attached to and holding their little baby.

I am pretty positive that other people can see it now.
Visiting a friend I have not seen in months and holding her 6 day old baby Monday afternoon, she looked at me and said how are you? I said fine. She said, you sure?

I should be happy.
My thing is to make others laugh on a daily basis.
Basically, ya girl is having a hard time.

I noticed I am now up to 140 followers - I feel guilty for being Debbie downer once again, especially to you new girls who have come to my part of the blogosphere.
I promise I am not always this way.
You just caught me on a bad day/week/month.


Have any of you ever felt this way?
How did you deal with a slight depression/unhappiness of your life?





5 comments:

  1. As a new reader I just want to say there is no reason to apologize! I can totally relate. I have absolutely no reason to be unhappy since I have a great job, family, friends... but I do feel as though I am not where I am meant to be and working on figuring that out is tough! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey You!! Sometimes life sucks and you want to curl up in a ball and tell everyone to bog off (or bof ogg as I just typed by mistake!). You're allowed to have days like that :)

    But grab those opportunities - you might feel like you don't want to go when you're getting ready to leave the house but sometimes that funk has gone once you've got out the house and you're focussing on something else.

    Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies but grab the opportunities :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I (and I'm sure everyone reading this!) totally understand, no need to apologize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the Liebster award!

    http://sineadelle.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/me-in-spotlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel alone....I just had this discussion with my husband...and then 2 days later with my best girlfriend. (Background - My husband and I are two happy campers, always laughing, smiling, entertaining friends at our house or going to their houses for a good time. We own an asphalt paving business and business is good so no financial troubles.) Together 12 years and married 5. Recently I've been feeling 'icky' and making excuses for it. I cannot stand getting out of bed in the morning and saying 'I'm not a morning person.' I hurt when I get up and say 'our mattress is junk' You get the point? Its always something and I'm not a complainer. After a ton of thought, 3 weeks and 27 iced coffees I figured it out. I'm a people pleaser and if I'm not obviously pleasing someone daily or catering to someones needs - I feel no point of waking up. We've been so busy with work that I have no time to make a surprise visit, package, phone call. It might sound selfish but I feel like if I'm not happy, I cant make my friends happy. Cass, maybe take time and think of one thing a day to do that will make you happy. Standing up to a blog is a big commitment and so much pressure but think of us as your friends and not people judging or towing you to the line. We like your wit and humor and sassy way of talking to us - thats why we come back to hang with you! SRSLY, if you were an everyday, happy-go-lucky, athletic chick who never skipped a beat.....we would not follow you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.