HOME     ABout     Contact

7.23.2012

BLOGGER girls are the BEST girls.


If you ever feel down about yourself, become friends with my blogger girls.
Seriously, I cannot thank you girls enough for all the comments and even a sweet email I received recently.  It made me feel special and confirms that I'm not going completely cray-cray.

I have realized that everyone goes through these 'sad' times and I shouldn't beat myself up over it.  I should actually get up off the couch, find something that day that I love to do, and just do it.  

And just when I thought I would not have anything to blog about....
Sinead nominated me for an award!!

Not just any award but a Liebster award!



I googled the word "liebster blog award" and actually found out that 'liebster' in German means 'favorite' and that blows me away.  That someone reads my blog and finds it to be one of their favorites (or close to it - not gonna toot my own horn) makes me very happy.

The rules to this blog award is as follows: 

  • Each person must post eleven things about themselves
  • Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you tagged to answer
  • Choose 11 people and tag them to your post 
  • Go to their page and tell them 
  • No tag backs!

11 Things About Me:
  1. If french fries were healthy, I would eat them at every meal.
  2. I crave Mexican once a week, at least.
  3. I am allergic to alcohol and my neck breaks out as soon as I have one sip.
  4. If Golden Girls or Gilmore Girls is on, I'm watching it. 
  5. I watch Food Network, but do not know how to cook.
  6. I get addicted to tv shows very quickly, one episode of Sons of Anarchy and I was hooked. 
  7. I cannot stand American Idol, baseball, or mayo. 
  8. I have never been more ready for football season to start.
  9. I am always smiling when I see a beach, whether on Pinterest or in real life.
  10. It took me 24 years to go to New Orleans, and I absolutely can't wait to go back.
  11. I miss my college years and if I didn't have student loans to pay, I'd go back tomorrow.

My Questions For my Liebster Nominees:

1. What is your Favourite Holiday?

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  Dressing and deviled eggs are my weakness and I'm always surrounded by family, food, and football.

2. What is the best book to movie adaptation you have watched? 

The best book to movie adaptation I have watched is Morning Glory.
The book was so cute and the movie was spot on.

3. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?

Anyone famous? Eek!  This is a tough question but if I had to pick just one, I would say...
Channing Tatum.
Not only is he gorgeous, but after hearing about his actual past & producing Magic Mike..
I want to hear his story and maybe he can teach me a few dance moves, dancer to dancer.


4. What is you favourite Perfume?

On me, Light Blue by Dolce and Gabana.
On males, Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch. 

5. How would you react to a Zombie Apocalypse?

I would probably cry, at first.
Then pray to God to save me from the apocalypse.
Then talk all my friends into dressing up/putting on make up that looked like Zombie's, and hopefully we wouldn't get attacked.

6. What is your favourite quote from a Kids Book?

Cannot think of any quotes from a kids' book at the moment, but I did read Pippy Longstocking an unhealthy amount of times. 

7. Heels or Flats?

Flats, without a doubt. 

8. If you could give truth serum to anyone on the planet right now, who would it be and why?

This may be ridiculous to say, but I would give it to myself.  I seem to bury things deep down and if I had some truth serum, who knows what would come out of my mouth.

9. What are 5 words that describe you?

Chill, ridiculous, witty, kind, wondering.

10. What is the weirdest dream you have ever had?

Not sure if it is the weirdest ever, but last night: 
I stabbed an ex-friend with a fork on the back of her neck (not hard though) and then two friends who have never met married each other and I introduced the guy to my mom.
(one of the friends is already married and the groom was wearing a yellow polo shirt).
Yeah, it was definitely time to wake up. 

11. What era would you have loved to live in?

Honestly, probably not much earlier than I was born. 87 was the year I was born, and I really miss my childhood when I think about all the tv shows I really loved. 90's music is by far my favorite genre of music and I would have loved to have been more than a toddler when that era began. 



Okay, now my 11 questions: 
  1. What is your first thought when it starts raining?
  2. Favorite tv show from childhood? Favorite show now?
  3. What food could you never eat enough of?
  4. What is your favorite movie, and why?
  5. Favorite board game?
  6. If you had to choose a hat, which one:  visor, flat bill, or big beachy, floppy hat?
  7. Ice cream or frozen yogurt?
  8. If you ever have trouble sleeping, what do you do?
  9. The best place you have ever visited?
  10. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
  11. Salad dressing of choice?

Whew, I promise this post is almost over.
Here are 11 blogs I read constantly...Enjoy! 



Nicole at Running Nonstop 

Natasha at Hello Happiness!

Nicole at La Mia Vita 

Camilla at Champagne Bubbles 

Megan at Style Me Swanky 


Sarah at SkinnyRunner 





Okay, it is done - I am so so so flattered to be nominated for this award.
It means so much.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear! This is perfect.. I needed a blog topic for today :) Have a wonderful day! I'm so glad to hear things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Cass!!! Thanks for sharing that you stabbed your friend with a fork....get it together.

    Miss your face! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for nominating me!! I think my favorite food is french fries..and I LOVE Light Blue perfume! One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.