HOME     ABout     Contact

8.21.2012

Training Tuesday.



Haven't had one of these in a while...
I am sure you are wondering what I have been up to lately, particularly training for my first half-marathon.

Okay, so here is the scoop.  
I will be honest, I have been taking more "rest" days than active ones but...
I am taking yoga classes at least once a month.
Each class is $15 dollars and my co-worker teaches it.
I really enjoy how she pushes me in the class.
Second, I am attending aerobics classes twice a week.
Last week is the first week I am actually counting.
We did a walking tape on Monday and an abs class on Thursday.
Friday it hurt to laugh, not fun.

Last night, I did another hour of aerobics (an hour of abs again) and then I took on the challenge of trying to run the Day 1 to my Couch to 13.1 app at the local park - That was a mess.  I was able to run the 3 minute section a couple times but I did not finish the 45 minutes.
Dinner consisted of 8 bites of salad and 6 bites of pizza.

Instead of feeling sorry for me, let's meet a new blogger friend, shall we?

___________________________________


Hi there fellow readers of Cassie's fabulous blog! 

My name is Shelagh, and I recently started blogging over at Brunette City Blog where you will find a random assortment of my life.



I'm 25 years old, and I love fashion, food, friends, beauty, my little dog - just to name a few! I hope you'll stop by and say hello, and take a peek at my blog as I navigate through my sweet little life!

I am so excited to be here today for Training Tuesday! 
I decided to share with you my most recent obsession: Pure Barre.


Have you heard of it? 
If you'd like to learn more about the PB technique, and to possibly find a location near you I would definitely recommend checking out their website here



{image: google}


Let me start out by saying I am in no way, shape, or form a fitness guru. 
Honestly, I somehow made it through my college days eating whatever I wanted, not working out, yet staying thin. 

After college, I realized I could not get away with that anymore, and I started to try working out. I am not really a gym person, fitness classes intimidated me, and I often times felt like I wasn't "good enough" to take part in certain exercises. Does that sound silly? I guess I just never wanted to be the one in a gym class that stuck out from everyone else as I tried to keep up!

I recently heard about Pure Barre and I pushed these fears aside (seriously - I had some major regret after signing up for the class!) I wasn't sure if I had what it took, but once I had paid there was no turning back. I went with my sister and a friend, and let me tell you - I was in LOVE after day one! 

Before I went I (obviously) googled other reviews and stories to hear what other people had to say about PB. These stories scared me - shaking legs, burning muscles, not being able to walk the next day. 
This is a FULL body workout! I am now about one month in, and go at least every other day - I am slowly working my way up to going at least 5 times a week!


{image: google}


Let me share exactly what I love about Pure Barre: it literally works your entire body - your legs will shake, your arms are going to burn, your abs will most definitely have to work for it - yet the entire hour feels low impact.

 I enjoy working my entire body, yet not finding myself huffing and puffing and trying to keep up! I also love the fact that you can modify the steps depending on what works for you! You are able to learn the technique, and build your body up class by class. The instructors I've had are friendly and very helpful. The studio provides all the equipment you need. The hour literally will fly by! Class is over before you know it. 

Not only has Pure Barre become my newest fitness craze, it is also an awesome stress reliever! I look forward to going after a long day of work. They say you will start to see results after about 10 classes - and honestly, I was down about 3 pounds by my second week!

I hope my insight on being a Pure Barre beginner encourages some of you to try it if you have been looking for a new workout. 
And, if you have heard about it and read the scary reviews like I did - don't be scared!


Thanks so much to Cassie for having me today, and I really hope you fabulous readers will pop over to Brunette City Blog and say hello!


___________________________

Thank you Shelagh for being a part of my Training Tuesday series! 
I totally just saw where there are two locations near me. 
Consider me there! 

Go tell Shelagh hey! 
And if you want to be on my Training Tuesday series, email me at cassandralynn23@gmail.com. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep up with the couch to 13.1. I started with couch to 5k and it was tough, but so rewarding :)

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.