HOME     ABout     Contact

12.07.2012

Well, we are one week into December.


Last Saturday marked the beginning of the holidays, in my opinion.  I consider Thanksgiving a holiday, of course, but it doesn't really solidify my holiday spirit until December 1st.


As you can tell from this picture, I am already planning the month out (I am very Type A).  The first weekend of December was supposed to be the half-marathon for St. Jude - then turned to 5k - then turned to nothing at all (another blog post for another day).  

However, since all those plans fell through that I feel like a big failure on, I made plans to go see one of my best friends who in a few short weeks will be welcoming her first child into the world.


I almost could not figure out a gift to get Colleen (crazy for me, right?) but as I was surfing the web I came across a Ronaldo bracelet that had 3 pearls on it - and I then thought, how perfect?  Three pearls = Colleen, Me and baby G - what a wonderful gift that is so fitting for right now in her life. 
I arrived Friday afternoon, but could not wait until her actual birthday Sunday to give her the gift.  So I immediately made her open it and guess what? It fit. Semi swollen wrists but it fit - so after Natalie gets here....Ronaldo all day, err'day.


The rest of the weekend was spent doing what we do best - eating, talking, laughing, eating, relaxing, sleeping, and eating.
Favorite moment of the weekend: riding down the road thinking "I would really love a pedicure" and Colleen saying out loud: I would really love a pedicure.  So that's what we did.


Sometimes having a friend that legitimately gets you is really all a girl needs.  
Well that, and a pedicure. 
Happy Birthday ONE last time, Colleen.  
Welcome to the beginning of your late 20's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.