HOME     ABout     Contact

3.04.2013

Make Yourself Better Week (MYBW)


Friday began the month of March. 
And honestly, I could not be happier about it.  
This month I plan on really stepping it up in my clean eating, intensity in the gym, really enjoying the moment in my friendships, and pampering myself. 

I am calling the 5 blog posts this week: MAKE YOURSELF BETTER WEEK.
Mostly because I think we could all step back and realize how to make ourselves better.  

_________________
 

This week I want to focus on those things individually: 
Today: Clean Eating. 
Tuesday:  Supplements to help me in the gym and life
Wednesday: Workouts
Thursday: plans to make myself feel pampered
Friday:  friendships/travel time


Now, I will admit a couple things here: I am not a professional "clean eater."  I consider half of what I am eating these days to be 'rabbit food.' And most days, I come out of my lunch hour still not satisfied.  Here is a link to what my "trainer" sent me the other day about the Paleo diet.  If you haven't been living under a rock, you have probably already heard about it.

I don't know if it will help you, I don't really know if it's going to help me - all I know is I need to say NO to BREAD. And blog friends, that is HARD.  Well not really white bread, but just the whole idea of giving up CARBS in general.  You mean, no pasta, no white rice when I order OEC, or even a whole WHEAT wrap when I dine at McAlisters?  I am having a tough time getting that through my thick skull and stomach.  


I slip up every few days and even crave fries and pancakes now.  Speaking of pancakes, I found a recipe for "skinny pancakes" and there are only two ingredients.
Guess what they are? 

A medium banana and one egg. 
Yes, sounds crazy right? 
But it was actually good. 



Directions: 

Mash one medium banana in a bowl. 
Crack one egg, wisk in a separate bowl, and then pour over the mashed banana.
Spray pan over a heated pan on stove.
Pour mixture into pan and form separate pancakes.
Slowly flip over and make sure the other side gets firm.
Put on plate.
Eat. 

Easy peasy. 
 

If you are not into that kind of pancake, try this one (if you have the Body by Vi powder): 




I am trying to change my eating habits, but I know one thing for sure: it isn't going to happen overnight. 
Take it one day at a time folks.  
That's exactly what I'm doing. 



Any healthy "clean-eating" foods you swear by or are easy to make? 
Leave a comment or email me at cassandralynn23@gmail.com. 


2 comments:

  1. I've tried those banana/egg pancakes too - they are pretty tasty! Before I eliminated dairy I used to make protein pancakes with 1/3 c greek yogurt, 1/3 cup oats and 1/3 cup eggs or egg whites. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta try the banana/egg pancakes. I don't like eggs, but maybe if they're disguised as something yummy I'll be able to eat them! I'm so, so excited for you for all you've accomplished toward your goals so far and all that you will accomplish!! I say it a lot, but you are really an inspiration and encourager for me, and for that, I appreciate you times a million!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.