HOME     ABout     Contact

4.09.2013

27 is the new 21.




Today is one of my very best guy friend's 21 27th birthday. 


Next month I turn 26, so to say I can relate to how he is feeling today, I cannot. 
However, I do want to celebrate him today in the best way.
Ya know, by blowing up his fb, instagram, twitter, and especially his text messages. 
Because isn't that the only way we celebrate these days??
____________________


I remember the first night I met Jeremy.
It was at BSU in Raymond, MS on a Tuesday night Spring Semester of my first year at college. Ever.

He came up to me and said:
J: "Hey do you want to join the drama team? I'm the leader of it."
Me: No.
J: Well, you should.  I'm the leader of it and you would enjoy it.
Me: I'll think about it.
J: Okay, just take this sheet of paper on it. And join.


Needless to say I did not join the drama team.
But I did join my heart with his and became best friends.
We have had our ups and downs since 2006, but what great friendship doesn't go through trials?


If you have never had an argument or a tiff with your bff,
you may want to rethink the friendship.
 

This post is just to recap how wonderful of a friend Jeremy has been to me.
I know one thing: I would not be the person I am today without him.
Through all the laughs, tears, screams, chuckles, and silent times,
I gained a best friend.



Basically, he is the one guy who knows me better than I know myself sometimes.
__________________________________


Dear Jeremy,

Today is your day.
I pray that today or this whole month is everything you hoped it would be when it comes to celebrating your birthday.

I am so so so so so glad God put you on this Earth to be friends with me.


You bring a laughter to my life that without you, I know I would not have.
You always know the best music to force me to listen too, 
but then I immediately get hooked to it. 


You are the only person that has gotten me to actually eat and LOVE lasagna.
Whether we go to a movie, dinner, or just have game night/True Blood Marathon at your house, 
I know I am going to have a good time.



You are a good time, and that's a quality I like to get close to.


Thank you for being my best friend.


Because I knew you, I have been changed for good 
(you taught me that, remember?)

 Happy Birthday JerBear,
I love you. 


1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! "Well you should think about it. And join." HILARIOUS - I can hear it now! XO

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.