HOME     ABout     Contact

6.28.2013

Talk to Yourself.




My name is Rhiannon and I’m so excited to be guest posting for Cassie while she’s on vacation!
 I found her blog about six months ago and have loved her honesty and humor, two vital traits to have. 
I think we’re lost without them. 

Enjoy your trip, Cassie. Don’t forget the sunblock! 






Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. I look at this card taped on my desk next to the photos of Ben and Eva, next to the Post-its and phone extensions, next to all the tools I need to do my job. Brene Brown said these words. Do you know Brene Brown? If not, please get to know her. Go to her website. Look up her TED talk on vulnerability from a few years ago. Search YouTube for clips with her and Oprah on Super Soul Sunday.



Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. This is a tall order, a very tall order. Some days I don’t do this, at all. These are the days I eat too much sugar and too much junk and don’t go to the gym and snap at Ben, my boyfriend, for no good reason. These are the days when meetings pile up and e-mails pile up and all I want is to walk for an hour at lunch. These are the days I have too much on my “To Do” list and not enough on the “Do for Rhiannon” list. 


Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. These days add up, and quickly. And I tackle them with tools. With Brene Brown and Oprah and YouTube clips that lift me up when I literally feel like crawling under my desk. I tackle them with deep breaths, with eyes closed. These two tiny actions have the ability to change my entire mood, morning, world.


Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. Sometimes the hardest thing in the world is to love myself in spite of all the things I wish I could change.  Sometimes finding patience-for the person on the other end of a phone, an email, a counter, for myself, is the hardest thing in the world.


Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. Words. Words are my tools. Words heal. Words have the power to crack us open. Anne Lamott cracks me open on a page-by-page basis. The woman is that good. Find your tools. Find your words. Use them.


Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. Please. You deserve this. 

We all do. 



Thank you Rhiannon for taking the time to write this for my blogger girls. 
I feel like we never take enough time to really talk to ourselves and in a positive, loving light.
We tend to talk negative and we may not even realize it. 

Go visit Rhiannon's page girls,
You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.