HOME     ABout     Contact

6.12.2013

The Heart of Mary


As I attended church Sunday morning, I did not know what the Lord wanted to say to me.




Our pastor read from Mark 14: 1-11

He talked about Jesus and Mary and how she broke an extremely expensive bottle of perfume to pour on Jesus' head to show her worship.

So that made me think about worship.
Worship isn't about singing a couple songs before you sit down and listen to a sermon.
Worship isn't about raising your hand when the song says "and I lift my hands to worship the King." 
Singing songs and lifting your hands are just motions unless you have the relationship with the Lord, truly.


When the preacher asked:  Do you have the heart of Mary? 
I immediately wrote that down and began to stare at it.
Do I? 

Would I have broken a bottle of perfume that cost almost a year's worth of wages and poured it over Jesus' head?

Would I have stood there as the 12 Disciples rebuked me and made me feel like a total idiot?

I don't have the answer to that.
I am wondering how many of us go through the motions at church and are really struggling to be passionate about the Lord.

I am a key player in this scenario.
I will be honest when I tell you I don't think I have ever been in love with any guy I've ever dated/been interested in.
Knowing a parent's love for a child/sibling/best friend love is all I really know.
To feel an intimacy with someone and be so so so passionate about that person is kind of a mystery to me.

That is something I need help to realize by the ONE who gave his life for mine.



Jesus, 
I pray for the girl/guy reading this post today.
Lord bless them in their walk with you.
Help them to realize how much you love them.
Help me to realize the exact same thing.
I want to have a heart like Mary.

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. true! Thanks for sharing! Made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassie - New to your blog and adore your title. How cute! :) You are such an adorable woman with a good heart. Don't worry... your man will come soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through Bloom, and am so glad this was the first post I got to read! I love that you asked the hard questions...to tell you the truth, I don't have the answers either, but I definitely have something to think on after reading this. Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.