HOME     ABout     Contact

6.05.2013

Update on Life.



Since I got back from New Orleans, I've been kind of go go go.  

Dinners with friends, an out-of-town wedding, working full time and slowly working on my fitness are just a few of the things I have been up to. 








Here are a few updates:
 
I have officially signed up to run my FIRST half marathon on December 7, 2013.  It will be for the St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, TN.  



I ran the 5k a couple years ago and last year made a lofty goal to raise $2500 and run the half and that went downhill quick.  I ended up not going at all and I was highly disappointed in myself.  I have made up in my mind that 6 months from now, I will be crossing that finish line - no matter what.  




If you would like to support me in this journey, please go to my fundraising page at http://heroes.stjude.org/blogsmaid  (ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY is cherished - I must raise $500 dollars or I am not eligible to run.  The half had already reached capacity two days after it went live). 

 
I have been eating carbs like woah.  This obviously isn't something I should be proud of, but I can't seem to stay away from bread/fries.  I love 'em.  I am trying to make a conscious effort every meal but sometimes my flesh is weak.  I need to snap out of it, yall.  20 days until the beach. 

 
I did half a handstand in Yoga last night.  To say it was scary and exhilarating at the same time would be an understatement.  I loved it.  I have literally brought it up to every person I have talked to since 7:30 last night.

 
My family member is still Mayor, y'all.  He won by a landslide after his competition has been putting up hateful signs and bad mouthing him.  It just goes to show you that your character is more important than what you say.  Words people forget, but the way you made them feel and your actions do not. 





Loving Advocare and hating my bank account.  

I drink Spark every morning and I'm not gonna lie to y'all - it goes quickly in my house and it isn't cheap.  I completely understand if y'all want to order and then when you look at the price your jaw drops and you are like umm, nah.  I did the same thing the other day - I don't really know why I signed up to be a distributor because my discount is canceled out when I look at the shipping.  I literally was only going to save .09 cents on one product.  But am I gonna stop buying it? No.  I wouldn't have been able to lose 17 pounds this year without it.  

I actually ordered two products today and I can't wait until they come in.
It is kind of my energy lifeline - if you need energy or want to lose weight, please go to www.advocare.com/13049991
 
 


What's happening in your life?



2 comments:

  1. so happy that you are having such a fun week! Happy for your family member too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a great week! I LOVE your green dress. And you are going to have so much fun with the half marathon. No feeling like that when you cross the finish line!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.