HOME     ABout     Contact

8.08.2013

Reflecting.


I apologize for being MIA this week.  After I got back from my weekend away, I began to just reflect internally on how things are going in my life.  I began to look at some of my frienships a little bit closer asking myself questions like "is this really the person I want to be close to? Is he/she helping me grow closer to the Lord? etc." 

Other than internally figuring out my friendships, someone who was an extremely important role model in my life passed away on Tuesday morning, August 2, 2013.  Her name was Ms. Anna Bee and she went to be with the Lord at 91 years of age.


I cannot express to you, my blog reader, how much this woman meant to me.  
She taught me more than just how to be a great Hi-Stepper and kick my feet over my head.  Mrs. Bee taught morals, class, and how to present yourself as a true, Southern lady (and how to stand in a beauty pageant or two).  She always called you her girl/sugar anytime you came in contact with her. 



My 5 semesters (including 3 football seasons) is one of my fondest memories of being a student at Hinds Community College.  Starting as a Hi-Stepper freshman and then ending up as the sophomore captain of the team is one of my proudest moments under the direction of this fine lady.  


At the time, I did not even care for football. 
 I had the dancer brain.  

Dancer brain consists of the following: watching the clock dwindle down until 7 minutes before half time.  Getting out of the stands and stretching.  Going over the moves with your new best friends.  Then lining up and getting ready to hear the annoucer mention you and what your routine was called.  
All lights and faces on you and your knee high white boots.  Man, those were the days. 






Here are some pictures of those "days" - I guess this could be considered a #throwbackthursday - But I really want you guys to understand how much this woman #threwgraceforward.  

Her attitude was just that of a gentle, sweet soul.  Anyone who met her felt at least a little better when leaving her presence.  If I leave 1/10th of the legacy she did, I will be proud. 
With Jesus in your heart and a kick in your step,
there really isn't anything you can't do. 

________________



If you want to read the article that was printed in yesterday's paper and a picture of me standing to the left of Ms. Bee, click here: 



I will miss her, truly.
But I will see her again one day.
I'm sure she is up in Heaven right now showing an angel how to do a 'step ball change.' 



2 comments:

  1. Sorry this lady died who meant so much to you! Love the quote threw grace forward!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.