HOME     ABout     Contact

11.13.2013

The Husband List



The other day, my friend Terri, shared an article on Facebook that I clicked on.
And I have to say it was a pretty good message on what characteristics you should want your future husband to have.




I am still working on my list but there were some parts that really stood out to me....

The purpose of this list is not to suggest any person is perfect, but to give you a framework of what to look for or recognize if there is a desire for growth. Of course, use common sense when someone amazing walks in to your life but wasn’t exactly what you dreamed up. God surprises us, but always gives us what we need.

“For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband…” 
2 Corinthians 11:2.

Ultimately, your divine Father wants you to be treated in a way that it is compared with how Christ cares for us. It is up to us though to believe we are worthy, set the standard, to stay firm, and have the faith that God works in perfect timing to introduce you to your husband.



That last part that I put in bold really stuck out to me.
If I don't believe that God is going to send me someone, what would my faith be?

If you are already married, 
what were some non-negotionables you had for your husband? 







1 comment:

  1. Aw... I love that article and I'm glad you liked it too.
    Non-Negotionables: No Lying. For me a big one was no kids... yes that might seem harsh but I know myself and I wouldn't be able to deal with it. Must have ambition and a drive to work hard and take care of a family. Same views on money, religion, politics, and personal health. Honestly I think that covers them... I used to put things on that list like no back hair but that one ended up being negotional. hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.