HOME     ABout     Contact

2.24.2014

February isn't my favorite month.



My absence from the blog needs some explaining, I'm sure.  
I have had a rough couple of weeks. 

Let's just go out on a limb and say "February isn't my favorite month."



 
Over the past couple of weeks, I have cried, hurt physically, wondered how I was going to pay for things, and stressed out way more than I should - which ultimately led to the worst cold I think I've ever had (still coughing/sniffling by the way). 

Going to the chiropracter 3x a week is starting to get really old and making my bank account really low.  I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks and it is starting to take a toll on me.
 
But on a POSITIVE note:  

On Valentine's Day I got a promotion and a raise at work!! 

I just have to stop for a second here and say how good God is.  The week of Valentine's Day was my first week at the chiropracter and since I haven't met my $1000.00 deductible at all, everything is out of pocket for me.  I really began to wonder "do I just live with a messed up spine?" and ultimately, began to doubt and fear for my pocketbook. 
 
But on the day of love when I felt the opposite, my boss calls me into her office and tells me how much of a great worker I am and said I deserved a raise/promotion after 2 years of hard work.  Since I work for the state, I know there isn't much money to promote people very often so this was an unbelievable blessing.  

I am not sure how much more I will make a month, hello taxes, but this just went to show me that God knows exactly what I need and when.  I should stop worrying so much because if he makes sure that the birds of the air have food and water, how much more will he care for me, a child of HIS? 





 
Another big event happening: 

 
Terri contacted me the other day to ask to spread some news: Her husband Chad is an amazing singer and has a goal to make a brand new cd this year. I have been the recipient of one of his giveaways and I love his songs.  New ones will be awesome, I just know it.  

However, making a cd takes money so if you or someone you know loves music, please click here and give a dollar or more.  Each dollar counts, y'all   

And guess what?  If Chad doesn't raise the money, your pledge won't be taken out of your bank account.  Only if they raise the money will the deduction occur - on March 24, 2014.

Please read what his beautiful, funny wife has to say below and then get your pledges on...





Please take a look at Chad Knights Kickstarter page and check out the pledges you can make and the rewards that they bring. Every pledge will be recognized and thanked because the people that support one another deserved to be recognized. Thank you in advance for glancing at the art my husbands trying to make and as always for taking the time to read the words that I write. Of course, if you can't donate just think about sharing this page with people you know or maybe even writing a blog to help spread the news of the project. Every bit of support means the world to us, as watching my husbands dreams come true is the same thing as watching my own.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post Cassie! You are so sweet and I'm so happy for you getting a raise/promotion! God does bless us right when we need it most always remember that! I do hope your back starts feeling better... just take care of this body. For better or worse it's the only one we get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the raise and promotion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love how good God is!! I'm glad He poured out His love for you on Valentine's Day! Is He not the best Valentine, or what?

    Love you girl! Hope that back of yours starts feeling better asap.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.