HOME     ABout     Contact

4.24.2014

What I've learned at 26...


My 27th birthday is less than two weeks away.  
I am not sure how I am celebrating turning 27 but I do feel like I lived 26.

I guess I am now in my "late twenties," which is pretty odd when I think about it….
but,
Here are a few things I have learned at the ripe old age of 26.



Things you used to say "I'm never doing ______ might just happen and you will probably enjoy it.  For example, I used to say "I am not a morning person.  I will never work out before the crack of dawn."  Yes Cassie, you will.  And you will voluntarily choose to do that.

Going out in public with no makeup on is not the scariest thing in the world.

Being asked to be a bridesmaid is one of the best feelings; however, being a bridesmaid 6 times in a year and a half will stress you out: mentally and financially.




Weekly dates with your girls are a necessity of life - not just an option.

Being single is not the worst thing in the world; although sometimes it is lonely.  It is better to be able to go where you please, take trips to see your best friends that live on opposite ends of the state every other weekend than to be locked down to someone who isn't really that into you.

When your body says to rest, REST.

The Big Bang Theory is a current, male version of the Golden Girls. No seriously, it is.

That whenever you need a laugh, just turn on Modern Family.

That it is acceptable to go to bed whenever you want to - 8 p.m. just because you are bored? Sure.



These are just a few things I have learned this year.
Any advice from anyone 26 or older? 
I'd love to know what you know…




3 comments:

  1. Ditto all of the above, although it only took 2 weddings in a year to stress me out. Also I'd add to the never thought I would part - "being ok with staying in on a Friday and Saturday night in yoga pants with big bowl of popcorn rather than hitting the bar scene."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Big Bang is like Golden Girls! I've never thought of it though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.