HOME     ABout     Contact

4.23.2014

YOUR chapter is worth reading




While at work yesterday one of my best friends sent me a text that really spoke to me:  "Don't compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter twenty."






Since last summer, I have been fighting with the urge of jealousy/discontentment/and just overall, gunk.  Ya know, like  you are stuck.  Stuck in your current situation, whatever that situation may be.


For me, it's going on my 4th year working at the same building in the same cubicle; living at my parents house while also living paycheck to paycheck.  Each chance I get to save a little bit of money - it is spent on celebrating someone else's next step: engagement, bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, etc.  Driving a car that you feel like you will never pay off while also being reminded of the student loan debt.  Going to each wedding without a plus one. 



On the other hand…….I'm lucky to have a job that I have been promoted in TWICE.  I am blessed to live at home with two loving parents who would do anything in the world for me - and honestly, still do.  My mom washes my clothes, cooks me dinner almost every night, and goes above and beyond when I need her.  

I am thankful to have a job that covers all of my bills - even if I do have to do monthly payments.  I am blessed to have friends who consider me enough of a close friend to ask me to be a bridesmaid in their wedding or think of me enough to send an invitation to their big event to my mailbox. 

 What I guess I am trying to say here is:  
Everyone is in the same book, but not everyone is on the same chapter.  

The problem with our society is everyone wants to have all the necessary parts to get to chapter, let's say, 38, but not everyone is there yet.  You can't just skip chapters 1-37.  Some people will get their faster than others, and some will take a really long time. But I have a pretty strong feeling that we all end up getting to the part in the book where we are living proof that life really is 'good.'  



I know that I am in that "some won't get their very fast" category of writing this book.  I am not sure which chapter I am on and I doubt I am very far in…..But on the other hand, I sure am filling up all these chapters with lots of great stories.  
Make sure you realize how precious YOUR chapters are; 
I, for one, would love to read it.




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I don't know where I am either, but God has a plan for us girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've written a blog on this same quote. It's so true---I was dealing with the exact same gunk last year. You just enjoy your chapter and know that your next chapter will be something awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. I struggle with comparing myself to others in every aspect of my life, and social media only re-enforces that. I'm going to try to keep this quote in the back of my mind. Life's about the journey, right? Not the final destination :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my life, RIGHT NOW! I'm sharing with a friend of mine too! Great words, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.