HOME     ABout     Contact

5.29.2014

Bridesmaid Lessons.


If you have been following my page for any amount of time, you know one thing: 
I have been, currently am,  and will be in the future....a bridesmaid. 



There are a few lessons that I've learned as I have walked down these numerous aisles, and if you are in any stage of being a bridesmaid yourself - please read below.

1.  THE dress doesn't just apply to the Bride.
I know what you are thinking - Really, Cass? A bridesmaid just wears whatever they are told too and has to grin and bear it.  I am here to tell you that is not the case.  Being submissive to the bride's wants and ideas is all good, but YOU must love YOURSELF in the dress she picks.  

All of the dresses I have worn have all miraculously looked decent on me and it is because I loved myself enough to know that no matter what color the dress is, your true colors comes out in your attitude.  It is true what they say that "attitude is everything."  




2.  Size does matter.
Now don't get all gutter-minded on me.  Bridesmaids dresses are ordered MONTHS before the wedding day, sometimes a year ahead.  Do not and I repeat, DO NOT buy a size down because "oh I'll lose weight and fit in it, no problem."  It does not end up working out that way.  I did that with my October bride last year and I regret it.  I should have gotten one size up - one that fit me and allowed me to breathe.  

Ordering a size down will only INCREASE your stress the month of the wedding.  You will go on a crazy diet, purchase Diurex, and squeeze yourself into spanx - forget about sitting down comfortably and eating whatever you want.  When you go into _________ Bridal Store, order your ACTUAL size right now.  If it needs to be altered later due to weight loss, Congrats!



3.  Hair and makeup is never too expensive.
I am not a diva by any means, but when wedding day rolls around; I definitely am going to pay to get my hair and makeup done.  That day is stressful and fast paced enough for everyone involved, you should take something off your plate.  

For someone who doesn't even put on makeup on a daily basis, I don't really care how I look at work.  Weddings are different.  Weddings are unique moments in time that are super special to loved ones, so I make sure to get my hair and makeup done.  I make room in my budget that month for it.  Find someone you trust and let them do it for you.  You look gorgeous, the other person gets paid: easy peasy.


4.  Have fun!! 

Sometimes it is really easy to have fun at a wedding, when the entire wedding party is a good time. But sometimes it may be harder to find the fun, remember the day passes by very fast.  Find your best girls on the reception floor and dance the night away, if it is possible.  




5 comments:

  1. I love this post! I am a new bride so this is perfect for ME to keep in mind as the bride to make sure my brides maids are comfortable in the dresses! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bottom pictures- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I feel you. I'm in my 8th wedding in July. All of this is SO true! I feel like I've seen it all at this point.

    The other thing I would add is: "5) Suck it up. It's the bride's day, not you or any other bridesmaid's day, so if you end up not liking your dress, makeup, shoes, hair, etc. don't gripe to her. Just channel that energy to telling her how pretty she is because she went through a lot of stress and money for this one day in her life and she doesn't need to hear anything but positive words all day." I was in a wedding once where a bridesmaid was actively putting her dress on eBay to sell the day after the wedding. She did this in front of the bride, maybe an hour after the ceremony. Rude!

    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just a bridesmaid for the first time, and agree with all of these things! It was SO fun.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.