HOME     ABout     Contact

5.20.2014

Patience and a present.



When I found out on social media, that Doctor Emily and her doctor hubby were having a baby - I just knew I had to send her a gift.  So I emailed Sarah and asked for Emily's address back in FEBRUARY.  

Searched on Etsy for the perfect gift, found it and ordered it in MARCH.  Waited until almost APRIL to find out that it was not going to be made/shipped to me; many one-sided emails (all me) later and then poof! I had a refund from the "I will never buy from again" Etsy shop.  

Middle of APRIL ordered again from a regular website, shipped to my BFF in Gulfport, MS and then it gets delivered to the WRONG house.  I get the gift mid MAY and then shipped it out to Emily.  

Whew.

The afternoon she was going to her mailbox to get it, the office was closed.  After her doctor's appointment the next day, she finally got it!  I cannot tell you how happy I was in that moment to know she was holding what took FOREVER to get to her.
I know you are all dying to see what I got made for Miss Lyla Mae.  Here it is:

THREE longggggg months until this one baby gift was complete and in the hands of the rightful owner.  I don't think I have ever had as many issues getting something done as I did with this.  

My patience was tested many, many times during this 3 month span. 
It made me realize how much things are not in our control.
I can't control other people or post offices, all I can do is control how I react to situations.

I am just so so glad Lyla Mae will have her own pair of baby scrubs to wear.  
 Just in case she needs to get up to the hospital real fast to see her very accomplished, loving parents at work.




4 comments:

  1. How cute is this? You did a great job picking that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cute! I am studying to be a doctor and I want my kids to have these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.