HOME     ABout     Contact

6.18.2014

When you can get "insta" trouble



Anyone who knows me well has a pretty positive feeling that I am, in fact, in love with Instagram.



Thank you Kathleen for letting me borrow your photo.

It is the first social media site I check when I wake up in the middle of the night and/or in the morning before I even get out of bed.
It is what I check when I'm sitting in traffic.
I check it when I just clicked out of it and I am standing in a public place.  
I am constantly pulling down the top picture just to see if anything new pops up.
I check it while I am taking a bath at night. Every. night.


I check it every 5 minutes when it is sitting beside me at work.

And that my friends is where this post comes in, I have literally gotten in trouble for it. 
I am the reason my entire department at work may be banned from using their cell phones at their desk.  So obviously, I need to have an intervention with myself. 


First I asked myself: 
Why do I love it so much?  

Honestly, it's because it is easy to get caught up in.  I am constantly looking at what other people are doing and that is causing a lot of "why can't my life be that fab?" And you know what - it possibly could be if I wasn't stuck with my head down looking at the technology in my hand.


Other thoughts have ran through my head regarding this social media black hole that sucks me in, but I just love it.  I wish I could just work for Instagram.  Then this whole work debacle would be non-existent. 


Is anyone else obsessed as much as I am? Is it bringing a negative light onto your job?


Help. 


P.S. My instagram name is @alwaysablogsmaid. 

5 comments:

  1. I love that you were emailing me during this trying time! :)

    And I especially love that you put your instagram name at the end. Smart girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is my life! I'm on instagram all day long and after awhile I'm like OKAY i have to walk away from this because it's making me hate my life. I think it's just important to remember everyone's life is not as perfect as it is on instagram. and probably not to be on it 24/7 like you and i. :)

    Karissa
    www.karissaandcompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Me too! Ok, so maybe I'm not as excessive as you, but its boarderline!!! Social media has been consuming my life! I wrote a post last week about it!! You should come check it out!!

    Alycia//Crazily Normal


    IG: alyciapalmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I have to go on “breaks” where I don’t check anything for a week. It helps me to remember that I need a balance and I don’t NEED to check it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with Karissa and Nicole, it makes me CRAZY sometimes but I love it. P.S. my IG is @thatsageblog hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.