HOME     ABout     Contact

8.27.2014

A birthday party and a virus



Before I got the stomach virus on Monday, I spent this past Saturday in Gulfport, MS.
I had the best time that day and I want to remember it, not this unwelcome virus. 

It was Bentley's FIRST birthday party and I would say he had a lovely day.
I have only seen him four times in his first year here but he has made this year even more special.  


"it's my party, but first let me take a selfie."



Anna had a book for every guest to sign so Bentley would know who showed up to celebrate him his first year…ya know, when he learns how to read.




His party was fish themed and I am always shocked at how creative my best friend is sometimes.  
Her mom and her think of the most awesome things and I am so glad I got to spend the day with this wonderful, sweet family. 

The items in the boat are the 'party buckets' for the guests to take home. They had everything from individual bags of goldfish, bubbles, blue swedish fish candy, the bucket that can be used from the bathtub to the beach, and of course the cutest bath toy: either a Nemo or a shark that you can wind up and it will swim in the bathtub.  I don't think I would be lying when I say I almost wanted to take a favor bucket home myself.  No shame in my game.








I found out that Bentley doesn't really care that much about presents, but one thing he does love:

CAKE





Presents galore and time with sister is what it's all about:




Anna has been my best friend since we bonded over the song "Stacy's Mom" in her 4Runner back in our USM days.  We now know what makes our bodies look the thinnest in a photo so we have no shame in hiding behind a high chair….


I had the best day with them and I cannot wait to visit my Gulfport family again soon.


Dear Bentley,

Thank you for letting me be a part of your birthday party and more importantly,
thank you for always getting excited when you see me.

This picture below explains all the emotions I have tried to write about in this post. 


You are the sweetest little boy and I can't wait to see you grow over this next year.

Love always, 
Aunt Cassie 


2 comments:

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.