HOME     ABout     Contact

8.01.2014

July is Gone...

 
 
 
 
This week has been challenging for me. I have felt a few emotions that I don't usually feel.  For example, selfishness and my lack of looking at the bigger picture.  
 
God has laid on my heart to start relying on him more.  Pray more.  Be more aware of my life and how it is furthering HIS gospel. 
 

 

 
So my goals for this month are pretty simple. I want to be an encouragement to others, BUT also to myself.  I speak harsh self-talk and it is time to change that.  So for August, here is what I am going to do:
 
  • Send a 'thinking of you' card to a person on my heart EACH week.
  • Use my time reading books more than watching television.
  • Spend quality time with my friends.
  • Leave my phone in my purse whenever I am out.
  • Attend birthday parties/bridal showers with joy in my heart (and take photos). 
 
That's pretty much it for August.  I have a lot filling up my calendar, but I want the time spent to fill up my heart and life.
 
 
 
Any goals you have for August?
Feel free to use the picture above for your August Goals and link your post in the comments so I can read yours!
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your goals. They are all goal that I need to apply to as well. I always tell myself I need to send more snail mail to friends. I think this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! I think I need to follow these, too! I have too much self-hate and not enough joy. Good thinking to make sure that we all should focus on the good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great goals. especially the cards. i love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea of having monthly goals... I should do this as a post idea. Reading more is important and so is learning new things! :) Good Luck! hope you meet and exceed all goals...
    www.thepetitemrs.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.