HOME     ABout     Contact

9.13.2014

Ghosts of Boyfriends Past



When I saw today's prompt:  Your current relationship status.  If dating/married, give us a glimpse of your story! If single, share about this special season; I cringed.  

I felt like 'no, this isn't a SPECIAL SEASON. This is 'a season of no end in sight' in my opinion.  I feel this way because I am going on six years of singleness.  That's right, over half a decade folks.

I rarely get into my relationships on the blog which is ironic considering all I write about is my personal life so I guess this would be the perfect time to give you a 'spark notes version' of my dating life thus far….

Ghosts of Boyfriends Past


The First One:  One July night in my best friend's driveway, I got my first kiss.  I was 17 going into my senior year, and granted I knew nothing about the opposite sex, really.  I was very sheltered my whole life and was never asked out on dates.  His name started with an M and the kiss was just a peck at the time, but I was smitten.  My whole head spun around and I wanted to spend all my time with him.  We dated for 5 months (that is my longest relationship to date, by the way).  However, his mother did not appreciate having to drive him over to my house to hang out so that ended at the beginning of December in 2004.  Supposedly, I didn't have long before I found….


Mr. Rebound: Mr. Rebound also started with an M.  He was a family friend that I hadn't seen since I was like 4 years old.  He was cute and we flirted while I worked the salad bar at Mazzio's.  He wrote me a cute note on a napkin and gave me his phone number.  It wasn't a week or so and we were official.  He had a bad reputation at his school and I was automatically considered one of his 'sluts.'  Even though it never got that far, that must have made him look around to find someone that would.  He broke up with me on the girl he was cheating on me with's phone (he didn't have texting on his) and I had the last word by showing up in his driveway when his new girl dropped him off at his house one day after baseball practice.  We dated up until Spring break of 2005. 
Ps.  I hate baseball.


The Older Boy: I met J the very first week of my spring semester at Hinds.  I was just now living in the dorms (commuted my first semester) and I was hanging out with some of my girlfriends.  We went over to an apartment and I was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt and I'll never forget the way J's face lit up when he saw me.  He was 21, I was 18.  I was smitten.  I will never forget some of the experiences we had together.  From January to March 2006, we were inseparable - until he broke up with me because he "couldn't pay for things anymore."  I didn't take it very well and didn't date for a long time after that.


The Frat Guy: I went to a frat house for the first time in August 2008.  There was a party and I drank some Smirnoff.  I met a guy and hit it off, but ended up making out with one of his friends named Swole.  That fizzled out as quick as it started, but the guy I hit it off with was consistent.  We text every single day.  Him at Mississippi State, me at Southern Miss.  Talk about long distance.  He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend until May 2009 when I told him I had gotten asked out by another guy.  We dated for one month.  I went to visit him that summer and by the time I left, we were over. 


That's where it ends folks.  June 2009 was the last time I had an official boyfriend that you could put on Facebook. Over the years, I've kissed boys.  I have 'talked' to a few here and there, but something always happens.  Either they just stop talking to me altogether, I find out something that makes me run the other way, I see that I'm not that important since they are also dating someone else, etc.


I know God is taking care of my heart.  He knows what I need but I also feel like the female version of Good Luck Chuck (without actually having sex - still waiting on marriage for that).  Every single guy I have talked to is now in a relationship/dating/married to someone after me.  

P.S.  Mr. Rebound proposed to his long-time girlfriend this past week on Facebook.

It's almost comical, really. 



Brave Love Blog





2 comments:

  1. Take a deep breath. You will survive. You're not an old maid. Okay? Okay. Found your blog through Bailey Jean's "Blog-tember Challenge." I'm actually 28 & never been in a relationship & I'm still breathing & I haven't been captured & put in a traveling sideshow act or contacted by Ripley's Believe It or Not. God is good & takes care of us. Seek Him & it will be all right, my friend.
    Blessings,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post! Stopping from Bailey's link up. This singleness season stinks, I'll agree, but He is molding us + something good is coming!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.