HOME     ABout     Contact

10.29.2014

A lunch Lilly would love...


The last get together before the rehearsal dinner is known as the Bridesmaid Luncheon.
It was at my sister's house and this time, she was the hostess with the mostess.
 
I arrived an hour early and asked if there was anything I could help with and of course, there wasn't.  Nikki had everything set up so cute and ready to celebrate her girls.  







I am so blessed to be sister's with someone so thoughtful. 
 
The menu included: grilled chicken salad, a mouth-watering dip (kinda like rotel) and chips, fruit kabobs with whip cream to dip in, and of course: CAKE. 

Not just any cake...A Lilly Pulitzer themed cake.  



Not only was the cake decoration to die for, there were different charms to pull.  If you are not familiar with pulling charms, allow me to explain.  There are a variety of small charms you can buy to use for this occasion and numerous others - my sister ordered over 50 of them for less than $10.00.  I don't know which website she used, but it shouldn't be hard to google.  

When you get your cake made, take charms attached to durable string and place on the bottom of whatever cake plate you are using.  Place the cake on top of the charms and then your guests/girls can pull the charms out easily.  

Each charm has a certain meaning and when each bridesmaid took a turn pulling their string, Nikki would read their corresponding meaning.  I pulled the Airplane charm and it meant that I will have a life of travel and adventure.  Which couldn't have been more perfect (if you know me and my little Honda).


 
After we ate cake and opened our Lilly Pulitzer gifts + Monogrammed shirts, 
we did what all girls do: take pictures.  Well, one picture.


 
This was the first event of the #nikkiandgrant wedding weekend and I cannot wait to relive the rehearsal dinner and wedding day.  

Stay tuned, y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.