HOME     ABout     Contact

10.30.2014

Time to Rehearse


After the bridesmaid luncheon, time seemed to just fly past us.  All of a sudden it was 5 pm and it was time to get ready to go to the rehearsal dinner.  The dinner, wedding ceremony and reception were all at the same venue:  The Ivy.  

I did not see the wedding venue until the rehearsal dinner (some great maid of honor, right?) but it was classy, vintage and elegant - just like the Bride.  It was a perfect location for the couple; especially since they live a couple miles down the road.


The rehearsal dinner was supposed to start at 6:30, but like all great weddings it did not start on time.  Everyone stood around awkwardly (or took selfies) and we were about to starve.   




An hour passed the start time of the rehearsal, the decision was made to eat before we rehearse (which this experienced bridesmaid has never done before).  It was different, but in the best way.  The chicken had sliced almonds on it (delicious), the salad had a dressing on it I couldn't tell you what was in it, the banana pudding was the best I've ever tasted, and the sweet tea was the perfect taste of the South. 


After our stomachs were full, the speeches began to fill up our hearts (and eyes with tears).  Not many people stood up and spoke but a few of Grant's best men did and they are quite some characters.  I believe Grant is friends with three different men named Brian.  If that isn't confusing for a wedding director, I don't know what is.  


One of the Brian's said:  "I'm in the army.  It doesn't matter where I travel to on this earth, if it's been three months or a year, no matter what I know that I can call Grant and we pick up right where we left off."   That stuck with me because I think that's the most important quality in a friendship.  You must be able to pick up where you left off.  Everyone is busy, doesn't mean people have forgotten about you.  True friendship knows no amount of time.  It just matters. 


Once the speeches were over, it was time to move the tables out and the handmade cross in as the centerpiece of the ceremony.  Our Uncle Mark built it and while he was building it, his dog Lake was run over.  The cross has a bittersweet meaning now, but hasn't it always? Jesus is the reason for the Cross and we will always have a bittersweet feeling when we look at one.  He saved us from eternal death while He died.


I helped Mrs. Crystel (our family friend/wedding day coordinator) with the rehearsal part.  I also said we should practice twice and we did - which was a good thing because the groom didn't even line up with his boys the first go round.  After practicing, it was time to take sassy pictures with your mom.



  JUST KIDDING.  It was time to stay until midnight decorating the entire venue.
After a few more photos…





I've never been happier to see a bed than I did that night spending the last night with my sister as a single woman.  

When we woke up, it was wedding day y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.