HOME     ABout     Contact

12.30.2014

2014: In Review

If it wasn't for this blog, I would have no idea what I did last week...
much less at the beginning of the year. 



In January, changes began happening:  I chose my word for the year, someone was silent to me, and I started to work out.  One of my best friends turned 24 and we celebrated the best way we know how: unlimited breadsticks.  I was also lucky enough to spend a weekend in New Orleans with one of the 2014 brides and I laughed until I cried.  It was definitely the most memorable trip of the year.




February added another Bride to the mix. My best friend, Kristin, got engaged and I introduced her to the world of Etsy.  Cupit had a friend/family shower I was able to go to and support her last days as a single woman.  I got a promotion at work and a consistent schedule at the chiropractor.  I worried about money more than I should have while also prepping for my sister's bachelorette party.  The gym also became my happy place.




March was a great one that was filled with bridal duties.  My best friend, Cupit, got married the first weekend of March.  Two days later, I made my way back down to New Orleans for my little sister's bachelorette party and party, we did.  After that I was tired, but had to keep up with all the other wedding related events.  I also celebrated Bridget's birthday by holding other people's babies. 




Ah, April.  Wanna guess where I went again?  That's right: NEW ORLEANS.  Kara turned 21 and we turned Bourbon street upside down.  Another bridesmaid dress for the GREENE wedding, ordered my personalized phone case, and wrote about how I feel stuck in my life




May.  May is my birthday month and I celebrated the entire time.  I got my first pair of RayBans and plenty of sugary cupcakes.  My sister graduated from nursing school and BrailynBelle graduated from daycare.  I spent Memorial day weekend swimming and sleeping.  I ordered baby scrubs for a blogger and it took THREE months to get it to her.  So in May, I learned patience.




June could just be recapped as NEW.  New television shows:  Orange is the New Black.  I got in trouble for being on Instagram at work, went to Tupelo and met Emory for the first time, and then sat beside my sister and wrote down all her bridal shower gifts at our church. 





July was busy.  I went to Smith lake and had the TIME OF MY LIFE.  Brailyn Belle won 17th place in her state-wide beauty pageant in Vicksburg and we made a girls weekend out of it.  I began considering how to really stick to a budget and how to only keep the relationships that matter.  I was picked for jury duty and it turned out to be a great experience.  I read Gone Girl and linked up with Karissa to talk about losing weight (which I still need to do months later). 






August was my sister's second shower (at her fianc√©'s church) and I did my maid of honor duties.  I celebrated Kaylee's birthday and met Anna Kendrick!  Bentley turned a year old and I got a stomach virus.  Once feeling better, I pimped myself out for Single's Day 2014 and did not get any guy's attention.  Another month of Single Cassie.





September was BUSY.  I threw my sister two showers:  her Lingerie Party and Couple's shower.  I learned how to make a pom pom banner & and impromptu photo booth.  Took a trip to the beach for Kristin's bachelorette party weekend and wore jean shorts/cowboy boots to the bar.  First time for everything, y'all.





October was the month I had been counting down for:  Nikki's Wedding Day! Between her bridal luncheon and rehearsal dinner, I tried to take pictures for my first Fashion post - it was also my last.  Once wedding festivities were over, my mom and I went to the beach for a few days and it was the perfect vacation.  I danced with the other Alumni Hi-Steppers and reminisced on my time at Hinds Community College.  I celebrated Halloween Hocus Pocus style by dressing up as one of the Sanderson Sisters, Mary.  I ate my weight in Reese's pumpkins and didn't want the month to end.  Oh how could I forget: I made a vlog with dirty hair.....at Sonic.




November was a time to celebrate more people in my life.  My dad turned 60 and we threw him a birthday party. Kristin had her first Christmas themed bridal shower and Brailyn won a beauty at Richland Beauty and Beau.  I did something spontaneous after the pageant and it still makes me chuckle and traveled to Tupelo to hang out with my girls. Found out that two of my up north besties are expecting and laughed countless times around a bonfire. I was part of a giveaway that brought a lot of new followers into my path, wrote about gratitude and celebrated Thanksgiving the only way I know how: eating all the deviled eggs and potato salad.





December consisted of starting new and continuing the old traditions: two Tacky Christmas sweater parties, the annual Hi-Stepper Keifer dinner, Christmas light lookin' and celebrated two babies birthdays.  Made DIY Christmas hot cocoa ornaments for coworkers and friends made me feel like a budget friendly Santa.  I watched the Mississippi Ballet perform The Nutcracker.  After spending many weekends celebrating family members birthdays and almost going broke....I ended the year with a new blog design and couldn't be happier with how I spent the last days of 2014.  

I am more than excited for 2015.


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading all of this and LOVE how you organized it!


    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thanks Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I also love that I remember reading about all of it! :)


    Now I want to post one like it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome! Thank you for reading/commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.