HOME     ABout     Contact

1.29.2015

My Word for 2015 is…..


At the beginning of January, I wrote that I didn't have a word for the year or a list of resolutions I wanted to attempt to fulfill.  However, something began stirring inside me (typical blogger thoughts/feelings) and I had to figure out 'my word.'  

I decided to wait until the end of the month to say what mine is.  Why?  Because I am used to falling into the "new year, new me" mindset, so I wanted to make sure I still felt secure with my word before posting it in the blog world.   




I think the "word" you choose is something that always sits in the back of your mind and helps you when you are feeling like your life isn't going the way you thought it would.  After reading Cassie's post the other day about her word, I knew I wanted to write down my word the same way she did.  
Breaking each letter down and giving meaning to it.  


So without further ado, my word for 2015 is: 

THRIVE
 
T- TRY new things: whether that be food, fitness, or something fun.
 
H- HELP myself get out of debt and anyone around me who needs an extra set of hands.
 
R- READ more books; but most importantly, the Bible.
 
I-  INVEST in relationships, myself and my barely there savings account.

V- VISIT another state(s). Bonus points if it is a state I've never been to.
 
E-  END social media scrolling when I am with other people.  




 
According to Merriam Webster Dictionary, Thrive means:

:  to grow vigorously :  flourish

:  to gain in wealth or possessions :  prosper

:  to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances
 
 
I love the last definition the best.  I didn't write goals I knew I couldn't actually reach.  I think we try to put too many things on our plates and then we get upset when we can't accomplish EVERYTHING.  Newsflash, we are human; even God didn't create the entire universe in just ONE DAY.  He took his time and as long as we have time on this Earth, I think we should try to better ourselves and not feel guilty when something doesn't get accomplished. 
 
For example: it has now been 5 years since I graduated from The University of Southern Mississippi.  I am only halfway through on paying back my student loans.  After graduation, I remember going to the student loan office and telling the man behind the desk that "I am going to have this paid off in a year."  And he just smiled and said 'well, that's a great goal.' 

  
In 2015, I want to progress toward my goals and I want to say by the end of December that I THRIVED.  



What is your word for 2015?  



4 comments:

  1. Great word!! I hope 2015 is full of good things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiffany! I hope it is the same for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this word! I hope you will be able to thrive all through 2015! If you want a song, Thrive by Casting Crowns is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to listen to that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.