HOME     ABout     Contact

1.11.2015

When your body makes a resolution for you…




Last week, my body decided to break out in a 101 degree fever with a side of strep throat. 
It was a lot of fun to deal with for sure. 

I am officially well again and back to my regular life schedule. 
I cannot thank my doctor and that antibiotic enough.

I figured out something strange though:  I made a mental resolution in my head that I wanted to quit drinking so many Dr. Peppers.  Well, it happened.  Once I got sick and could barely swallow water, I quit drinking them.  I only ate soft foods, drank water, etc.  I can honestly say I haven't had a full Dr. Pepper since January 1.   


That is ten days so far, y'all

I have tried to drink one and I start to feel sick after a few minutes so I immediately switch to water.  Point of this story is:  when you least expect it, your body may make a resolution for you.  

P.S. I have also lost 3 pounds.  I know it is nothing to write home about AND I'm not that great at math but it seems like the odds are in my favor.

P.P.S.  Go to Cassie's Blog to see if you won the giveaway!


4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better now! Congrats on the no Dr. Pepper, it's hard stuff to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! We didn't get to talk about this last night as I haven't been able to read anything on the interwebs for weeks AHH. So proud of you! Now, just stop picking it up to try it and you're golden!!! I say it takes a month so you are HALF WAY through! You can do it!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jenna! It has actually been pretty easy and I think it all has to do with getting sick. Glad the sickness part is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOU. And yes, I think it will be easy to not drink it now - sickness had a silver lining.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.