HOME     ABout     Contact

2.25.2015

Two Bridesmaids, One Basket


Any bridesmaids/wedding shower guests out there living on a tight budget?  
Any bridesmaids/guests out there wanting to bring a unique gift that isn't the typical wedding gift? 
Well, if this sounds like you, I have the perfect gift basket under $30 bucks for your bride.

Every bridal shower guest typically gets the items off the bride/groom's registry and I am not saying that is a bad thing.  However, if you are anything like me, you like giving unique gifts.  

This past weekend I had another bridal shower for the March bride.   One bridesmaid that I am really close to couldn't be there so when we were together a couple weekends ago, we went shopping and put together a basket for her.   Here is an idea below for you and/or another bridesmaid that isn't going to break your bank account: 

AlwaysABlogsmaid's Honeymoon Basket




The first thing you must do to make this basket is know exactly where the couple is going on their honeymoon.  I found out that the almost married couple was going to the Bahamas right after the wedding, so our basket was focused on what you would take to the beach or at least think of taking with you somewhere tropical. 

The entire cost of this basket was less than $30.00.  Since I went in with one other bridesmaid, we came out at around $15.00 each.  Not a bad present on a budget in my opinion.  Here is the breakdown of each item in the basket: 

The basket I found at Tuesday Morning cost me $7.99.
The polka dot bathing suit top and navy blue bottoms was $1 each at Rue 21 (huge deal).  
The flip flops were $.89 from Old Navy. 
The C notepad (the new last name of the bride) came from Tuesday Morning and was less than $2.00. 

The following items came from the Tree of Dollars: 
  • Sudoku books (2) 
  • Heart shaped drinking glasses (2) 
  • Tylenol 
  • Advil PM 
  • Antacids 
  • Wet Ones 
  • Vitamin C drops 
  • Sour Patch Kids 
  • David Sunflower Seeds (ironically, that's the groom's name) 
  • Rose Petals 
  • TGIFriday Chips 

The following items came from Target $1.00 bins: 
  • Two Black clips to hold the Honeymoon sign 
  • Lint Roller 
  • Aloe Vera Gel 
  • Sunscreen 



I made the sign on Microsoft Word and attached it with tape to a piece of black ribbon, so basically free on my end.  I am so thankful for another bridesmaid agreeing to do this idea with me.  It could get expensive by yourself, but then again, it can be as cheap/expensive as you want it.  You are the creator of the basket so it all depends on you.  

I like this idea the most because it can be changed at all levels: location, items and amount of money spent.  At first, the bride and groom were going skiing on their honeymoon - so it could have had hot hands, hot chocolate, monogrammed mugs, mittens, bride/groom socks, etc.  The ideas and possibilities are endless. 

Would you ever make a honeymoon basket for a bridal shower?  

If you have any other ideas on honeymoon baskets OR if you have made your own basket before, leave a comment below.  Why?  Because I ALWAYS need ideas for showers because I am...ALWAYS a blogsmaid. 







10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I will definitely be doing something like this for at least one, if not more, of the 5 weddings I have so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura! Please do! :) And I know exactly what you mean about 5+ weddings - thank goodness I am almost done with being IN the weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Natalie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. alwaysablogsmaidMarch 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM

    Steal Away, Alanna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alwaysablogsmaidMarch 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM

    Thank you Cassie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. alwaysablogsmaidMarch 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM

    Thank you Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.