HOME     ABout     Contact

3.24.2015

A Little Too Ironic


"It's like rain on your wedding day…a little too ironic.  Yeah I really do think."
-Alanis Morissette 



This past weekend, I put on another bridesmaids dress and walked down the aisle to celebrate a couple I have known the longest: Kristin and David.  I remember the week they started dating back in 2009 and I consider it a blessing to see the both of them say I do to each other almost 6 years later.  

I refer to one of my favorite songs by Alanis Morissette in my introduction because that's exactly what happened.  It poured down rain the entire time, which was ironic, given the fact that the groom is a  meteorologist.  

________________________________________

Last Friday night started off as all rehearsals do: not on time.  However, we did what we needed to do and we were only 45 minutes late to the rehearsal dinner at Table 100.  The groom made a sweet video of his Bride and himself over the years and I should have put my glasses on; I could not read what was said, but everyone else at my table said it was very sweet. 

Friday night ended around midnight when I finally got home and I did not sleep well.  Saturday morning I woke up at 5:53 a.m. and had no idea why.  My hair/makeup appointment was pushed up an hour earlier so the even earlier wakeup call was not appreciated. 

I sucked it up, took a shower and headed to get beautiful.
Lila went with me and due to a time constraint, she had to do her own makeup, but she is cool like that.




We made it to the church about 4 minutes before the bride told us to be there and then spent the next 4 hours taking pictures/selfies, eating a full spread for lunch and drinking water.  




The time seemed to just fly by even though the rain never let up.

Everyone kept saying "I heard it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day." 
If that is true, then Kristin and David will have all the luck in the world. 





The wedding ceremony was beautiful and when the song "I Loved Her First" came on as a memorial to her dad who passed away a few years ago and couldn't walk her down the aisle, there wasn't a dry eye in the house.  Her stepdad, who I refer to as Pudding, was there to walk her to her groom and I know they were both blessed in that moment.  Once the wedding ceremony was over, we were told we had to be out of there by 5:30 so the pictures afterwards were over in a jiffy.




The heels we wore were not my cup of tea.  They were literally painful to wear so when the bride told us we could wear rain boots at the reception, I took her up on that offer.  The reception was at a venue called Rosegate.  By the time we arrived the ground was covered in mud and was not the easiest to walk on, much less getting vehicles through.  I am so glad I rode with a bridesmaid and her boyfriend in his truck.  Hashtag lifesaver.

The reception was lovely.  I stuffed my face with carbs once I found the food table and even tried the groom's cake.  I caught up with a few people I haven't seen in ages and had the best time.  

Not gonna lie, I spent the majority of my time on the dance floor.  
I only stopped to take a few photos with family & friends: 








Congrats again to the newly married couple.
The wedding day was lovely and the rain didn't stop what really mattered.

I have something kinda crazy to share in my next post.
I would use the word ironic again, but I don't think Alanis would be impressed.


8 comments:

  1. I really like the style, length, and color of the bridesmaid dresses and the rain boots is actually a cute idea.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda crazy?! WHAT WHAT. I don't do secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, beautiful bride, beautiful YOU! :)

    Can't wait to see what your next post holds for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful wedding, rain and all! Good work helping celebrate, bridesmaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really was. Thank you for the comment, Tiff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too sweet to me, Mary! Working on the post now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. tee hee, Cass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thanks Heather! I appreciate your comment so much because I had to pick the dresses out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.