This past weekend was the last two baby showers of the season. One was a sweet surprise and the other felt liked I walked straight into Pinterest. I promise the next posts will be all about them.
Considering I had 5 baby showers in the 4 weekends of March,
I decided to put together a gift guide of what my baskets have in them.
I tried to only add in items I knew the moms would actually need (from what I have heard - no personal experience on the matter).
The first thing to do is find the correct basket. It helps to know if the soon-to-be mommy has a particular color in her nursery, theme, etc. If you don't know any of that information, always go with a gender neutral basket. Gray, white, or even the black and off-white basket in the third photo above are always good choices.
Baskets can be found as cheaply as Dollar Tree; however, my favorite places to find baskets that are sturdy, durable and cute to look at are located at Hobby Lobby or Tuesday Morning. I have spent many hours walking the aisles of Target, Babies R Us, Tuesday Morning, and Dollar Tree; however, please feel free to shop wherever you feel most comfortable.
Now there are PLENTY of items you can buy to put in the basket(s),
but here are the things I thought would be the most useful/adorable:
- Diapers & Wipes - I bought one pack of diapers and took a few out and put them at the very bottom of each basket. The travel size packs of Pampers wipes I found at Dollar Tree. This way, the new mom will have a few diapers and wipes to travel with when she needs to throw some in a baby bag instead of opening a new pack.
- Baby hangers. I found a great special going on at Babies R Us: buy 2 sets of 10 hangers for $4.00. Obviously I snatched up two sets of pink and two sets of white. Best deal I have ever seen because you can never have enough hangers.
- Bottle brush
- Baby nail clippers
- At least one outfit (onesie, romper, anything adorable)
- A book
- Baby washcloths
- A stuffed animal w/blanket and a spot for a pacifier to be attached (found them at Tuesday Morning
- Desitin cream
- Johnson & Johnson Shampoo/body wash/lotion (take along pack)
Close up view of one basket
You can take bits and pieces from this guide or the entire thing.
That's what I love about a basket as a shower gift, the possibilities are endless!
Just in case you still need bridal shower ideas, the honeymoon basket can be found here.
Happy Shopping for the moms-to-be in your life!