HOME     ABout     Contact

3.29.2015

AlwaysABlogsmaid's Guide to Baby Baskets


This past weekend was the last two baby showers of the season.  One was a sweet surprise and the other felt liked I walked straight into Pinterest.  I promise the next posts will be all about them. 

Considering I had 5 baby showers in the 4 weekends of March, 
I decided to put together a gift guide of what my baskets have in them.  
I tried to only add in items I knew the moms would actually need (from what I have heard - no personal experience on the matter).



The first thing to do is find the correct basket.  It helps to know if the soon-to-be mommy has a particular color in her nursery, theme, etc.  If you don't know any of that information, always go with a gender neutral basket.  Gray, white, or even the black and off-white basket in the third photo above are always good choices. 

Baskets can be found as cheaply as Dollar Tree; however, my favorite places to find baskets that are sturdy, durable and cute to look at are located at Hobby Lobby or Tuesday Morning.  I have spent many hours walking the aisles of Target, Babies R Us, Tuesday Morning, and Dollar Tree; however, please feel free to shop wherever you feel most comfortable. 

Now there are PLENTY of items you can buy to put in the basket(s), 
but here are the things I thought would be the most useful/adorable:

  • Diapers & Wipes - I bought one pack of diapers and took a few out and put them at the very bottom of each basket.  The travel size packs of Pampers wipes I found at Dollar Tree. This way, the new mom will have a few diapers and wipes to travel with when she needs to throw some in a baby bag instead of opening a new pack.
  • Baby hangers.  I found a great special going on at Babies R Us: buy 2 sets of 10 hangers for $4.00.  Obviously I snatched up two sets of pink and two sets of white.  Best deal I have ever seen because you can never have enough hangers. 
  • Bottle brush
  • Baby nail clippers
  • At least one outfit (onesie, romper, anything adorable)
  • A book 
  • Baby washcloths
  • A stuffed animal w/blanket and a spot for a pacifier to be attached (found them at Tuesday Morning
  • Desitin cream
  • Johnson & Johnson Shampoo/body wash/lotion (take along pack)
  • Rattle 

Close up view of one basket


You can take bits and pieces from this guide or the entire thing.  
That's what I love about a basket as a shower gift, the possibilities are endless!
Just in case you still need bridal shower ideas, the honeymoon basket can be found here


Happy Shopping for the moms-to-be in your life! 


4 comments:

  1. I was a lucky receiver of one of these baskets. These are such a great idea! Everything in it was practical (but also cute), and I will be able to use every item. As a first time mom on a limited budget, I really get more excited about the practical gifts I get because that's less I will have to purchase later. I put the basket it came in on the bottom shelf of her nightstand, and it has books stacked in it. You are so creative Cassie! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alwaysablogsmaidApril 1, 2015 at 3:20 PM

    Aw thank you! Pin away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. alwaysablogsmaidApril 1, 2015 at 3:20 PM

    You are so welcome, Mandy! Love you and baby bounds! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.