HOME     ABout     Contact

3.11.2015

My Person(s)


The other day I used this photo and wished one of my best friends a Happy Birthday on Instagram.  



She wrote back saying how I used the word "my person" and how it correlated with an article she recently read. She shared a couple of screenshots with me and I thought I would share them with you too:


When you find "your person," don't lose them.  When it comes to your person, just say you're sorry.  There's going to be someone who can finish your sentences, tell you the truth when you don't want to hear it, and stand by you when you make really stupid decisions. This person is more than your best friend, they are your person.


I have my person, and I'd be lost without her.  We've gone months without talking, more than once I may add, because we're too alike for our own good.  Do not make this mistake, just say you're sorry.  You're going to have other really good friends, too.  Make sure you let them know how much you appreciate their friendship; they are important, too.  But your person will connect with you on a different level.  They will understand you when you don't understand yourself, and you will form a bond that nothing can break.  It is possible to find a soulmate in someone other than the person you marry, and it's pretty awesome.





I would have to say that I feel pretty lucky.  

I feel like I have more than one "person" and I don't think that is a bad thing.  I think different friends bring out different sides in you, different qualities become more evident.  I am so thankful for who I have in my circle and I firmly believe in this quote:





Lately, I have been going through a trying time with a particular friendship that I don't feel is going to last much longer.  As in the quote above, your life changes as you get older, you meet new people.  I know that some friendships are meant for a lifetime and some are not.  However, one thing I do know is this: you must feel appreciated.  

If you feel run down, stressed and not happy with a particular friend; break away from it.  Mentally, physically, socially, anyway you can; friendships should help you navigate life and encourage you.  I mean, nobody is perfect but being a friend is something that takes time and effort.  I cannot thank Whitney and Amy enough for their kind worded emails recently.  I am so glad they helped me realize a few things about myself and how I should react at this situation from now on.   

I am not saying I have all friendships figured out.  I honestly don't even know how the situation I am in right now is going to play out.   However, there is one idea I hope you can take away from this post:  


You will realize who you have time for and who you don't feel like spending anymore time on. 


6 comments:

  1. I am going to steal that quote and do a blog post about this! SO, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I may steal this and do something with it a little later down the road! Friendships are the easiest and hardest things to have, because people change and everyone is different! I hope the situation with your friend works out for the better but if not, God has a plan! Trust Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steal away Lauren! Let me know when you write yours, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment Jenna, you are so right! Easiest & hardest is the best way to describe it. I am constantly praying about it. I appreciate your kind words so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.