HOME     ABout     Contact

4.05.2015

Sarah's Surprise


Before I begin today's post, I wanted to say that NOT having a Wednesday/Friday post last week was my April Fool's joke.  
Anyone laughing? No, mmkay.  Let's get started.


In one particular group of my friends, there are two ladies pregnant and due with baby girls about a month apart: Mandy & Sarah.  During wedding weekend, I was not able to attend Mandy's shower but sent my gift with Bridget.  Knowing that I couldn't attend upset me, but I am glad she loved the gift basket I made her. 


The following Saturday, on March 28th, we threw a small shower at a local restaurant for Sarah. It was at Corner Bakery, in the back party room, and it did not take us long to set up.  The mommy-to-be arrived with Kaylee right as I opened the door to peep out.  

To say she was surprised would be an understatement; she started crying and blamed it on her hormones.  I almost started crying and would have blamed it on Sarah.  



We had the best time eating ham & cheese sliders that Mandy made, pink cupcakes, and sipped on sweet tea (as all southern girls do).  We sat at the long table and just caught up on each other's lives since most of us hadn't seen each other in a month.  We now have an inside joke about a tooth that was pretty laughable.  Then Sarah began opening her gifts and we possibly said "aww, so cute, cute, look how little, etc" an annoying amount of times. 


The Hostess with the Mostess and myself 



Earlier that week, four of us girls made Sarah a diaper cake.  We didn't go exactly by the DIY kit, but I think it turned out pretty great.  They say it takes a village to raise a baby, but I think it takes a village to make a diaper cake.  If you want to know how we made it, leave a comment below and that will be its own post.


Sarah gave us all a gift at the end of the shower and it is the best smelling pink candle I've ever owned.  I am so thankful to have been able to help celebrate Sarah and I feel so blessed to know these girls.  
I thank God for them every day. 





P.S. All I did this weekend was help a couple of my married friends move from their apartment to their new house; so I feel like Natalie did a week or so ago: exhausted.  I even tried her Mango Sprite recipe and dangit, it's delicious.  I celebrated Easter by opening my Easter basket, watching Parks and Recreation all day long, and going to my sisters house to eat deviled eggs and hamburgers aka MY FAVORITE MEAL EVER. 

How was your weekend?


3 comments:

  1. You should seriously start a gift company. Your stuff is always so cute! Diaper cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alwaysablogsmaidApril 7, 2015 at 5:42 PM

    Hahaha! Yes, actually there was also Babalu's guacamole dip that I inhaled too. It was a LOT of flavors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alwaysablogsmaidApril 7, 2015 at 5:42 PM

    Aw, thank you Tiffany!! You are not the first person to tell me that. I may have to seriously consider it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.