HOME     ABout     Contact

4.20.2015

The Letter Link-Up: I Love You


I don't find these letters hard to link up with Amber each month;
I find them easy once I figure out exactly who I am writing to.


The Letter Link-up | Mr. Thomas & Me


 Well, I noticed through this particular link-up that almost everyone is writing to their significant other, aka their husband.  Seeing as I'm always consistently single, those letters just don't form for me.  But you know what, it doesn't have to.

A wise friend once said: Life doesn't begin once you get married.  And even though this weekend was spent celebrating a wonderful couple that married on Saturday, it was still a reminder that even though my #bestdayever may never get here, I can live in the moment we have now.  

There are plenty of people we say I love you too.  This letter isn't to an actual person; just go with me on this one.  I am saying I love you to my weekend, because honestly it was the best time ever.  

-----------------------------------




Dear Weekend,

You were pretty wonderful.  I can't believe how much I got accomplished and how relaxed I feel on this particular Monday.  I'm not gonna lie, there was some anxiety going into Saturday with you.  I didn't know exactly how the reception would play out; especially knowing someone I used to kiss and care for would be there.  But alas, he ignored me and I ignored him. 


I am so thankful that you, dear weekend, allowed me to pick up my best friend and that I got to have a constant laughing, smiling and goofing off road trip with Joseph.  He made the trip even better than I could have imagined.  I am forever thankful for that guy I have known all my life, but became best friends with,in high school. 


I cannot say enough how much you showed out, Mister Weekend.  You allowed me to get some toddler hugs with Aubrie Kate and Bentley.  You allowed me to hear a 3 year old scream my name down the hall and then run out all shy-like and not say a word.  You allowed me to eat a California Turkey sandwich and drink the most delicious Dr. Pepper at lunch on Sunday. 


As I sat around the table in that Chili's restaurant and watched the toddlers color and eat, I realized that it isn't about the likes or mentions on social media.  It isn't about who you are in contact with online.  It's about living in that moment with all the phones put away; spending time with the ones that matter. 


I didn't check Instagram for over a day and a half and even when I was "catching up" on Sunday night, it still just didn't seem as important.  Thank you, dear weekend, for showing me what it's like to just get back to the basics: friendship, family, funny babies, and french fries.


So Weekend, what I am basically trying to say is pretty simple: 

I love you.

6 comments:

  1. Amen - love always to the weekends, unplugging, and making the most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post! I love unplugging and just living in the moment! One of the best things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. Life doesn't begin once you get married. In fact, it ends... JUST KIDDING, but it does change so much and the way that you thought about things before you got married is completely reworked. Jason and I were JUST talking about how different it is to plan and prioritize when you're married versus when you're not.


    Your remind me of all the things I really loved about being single (I didn't mind/hate/wish away that time in my life)... And all the reasons cherishing the RIGHT NOW is so important. :) Thanks for being such a sweet soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words are what is sweet. I didn't know I reminded anyone of being single. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.