On May 2, I turned twenty-eight.
If there is one thing I'm gonna miss about 27, it'll be the fact that I can no longer refer to myself as "27 dresses."
Being 27 and also a bridesmaid 6+ times helped solidify my Katherine Heigl-ness.
Even though time seems to be flying by even faster than usual these days, I do like to take a step back and reflect on my last year. In 365 days, I have learned a little more about myself and how I want to go forward in the future.
But if I ever forget, here are 27 lessons I learned at 27:
1. No matter what happens or how many mistakes you make, believe that God isn't done with you - EVER.
2. A handwritten note is one of the cheapest ways to turn someone's day around.
3. Pure happiness can be found in the form of a spray tan.
4. All relationships take work; however, decide who you want to spend your time/energy on. If it's sucking the life right out of you, be brave enough to let that person go.
5. It's perfectly okay to say 'no.'
6. You can't be everything to everybody else all the time. Take time for yourself.
7. Not being asked on a date in over a year could make you feel less desirable; don't let it.
8. Be in group texts with people that make you use the laughing emoji A LOT.
9. Netflix binges are sometimes exactly what your body needs. Embrace it.
10. Chocolate is always a good idea.
11. Be blessed, not annoyed, when your dad asks you each Thursday night: "Where are you headed this weekend?"
12. Do one thing every day that scares you. (Mine is answering the telephone)
13. Make girl's night a priority.
14. Life is too short to be obsessed with weight loss: Eat the cookie.
15. Take a road trip with your best friend; if only for one night.
16. Always wear makeup when you go out to someone's birthday dinner; you could end up meeting a celebrity.
17. Never under-estimate the power of "thank you."
18. If you have the opportunity to travel somewhere, take it.
19. Everything is temporary in this life; even all those zits on your face.
20. The way you worked out/ate healthy in your early 20's is not going to work the same as in your late 20's.
21. Be okay with change; it's inevitable and not wanting to change will just put more stress on you.
22. Try new things. Guacamole could end up being your favorite dip EVER.
23. Treating yourself to a manicure/pedicure monthly is one of the best investments for a single gal in her twenties.
24. Take your vitamins and drink your water daily.
25. Over moisturize your skin and get a yearly skin check.
26. Making someone else laugh has a boomerang effect.
27. Unfollow people on social media who annoy you - it is the quickest way to relax.
If you are here from Sage today, I want you to know how happy I am you clicked over!
Please tell me who you are below and if you have any lessons you have learned over the past year..
I am eager to learning new ones.