HOME     ABout     Contact

5.06.2015

British Guys, Burlesque and a Bellman (Part Two)


If you are just getting here and want to read part one first, click HERE

After we got back to the hotel, we started making our hair look as ridiculous as possible so we could put our wigs on.  One thing I've never actually done is wear a wig; so this was a learning experience for me.  Since I have semi thin hair, Taylor said that all I would need to do is the (6) following steps:
  1. Put my hair in a braid
  2. Pin the braid up with bobby pins
  3. Put on a lunch lady hair-net 
  4. Bobby pin the net to my hair 
  5. Put wig on
  6. Bobby pin the wig until it doesn't move
I found out for someone with thicker hair, you must change the braid to actual tiny pinwheels of hair to where your hair looks really ridiculous.  Oh, and a million bobby pins.



Once I was feeling super cute, it was time to get my other birthday essentials on: my button and my birthday list with 28 things for me (or someone else) to do while on Bourbon Street.  



Here is a closer up version of the list: 


The entire list was not completed but one bachelor guy took it into his hands to get most of the list done for me and that was impressive.  I will never forget the three British guys who were so excited to each get one of my buttons.  I passed out buttons to people I thought deserved one.  I told one of them that if they took any pictures, they needed to use my hashtag #wigginoutat28 for Instagram.  

He said in his British accent: "I don't have instagram because I'm heterosexual and I'm a male." 
I guess he meant that Instagram was gay.  
I said: Well, thats unfortunate because Instagram is amazing.
And then he asked me if I was going to do the rodeo and pointed to the mechanical bull.
It was the most ridiculous conversation and I loved every minute of it. 

That's how I feel about nightlife in NOLA - the most ridiculous is the norm there.
You can go all out and nobody cares or bats an eyelash. 
It makes me so giddy because that's how I want to live my life: not caring what others think of me.  

Life is too short not to get dressed up, act ridiculous and dance like nobody's watching.

Enjoy the rest of the photos below.
I'm gonna go try and speak in a British accent while eating more birthday cake. 




















Until next time, New Orleans.



9 comments:

  1. Ah I love it! I've always wanted to do one of those list things. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO fun! Seriously. What an super fun birthday. Now I kinda want a wig...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so you can totally rock pink hair! I love the wigs! Looks like so much fun and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so, so much fun!!! I hope it was a blast! Now I am so excited to go to NOLA in June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alwaysablogsmaidMay 11, 2015 at 6:11 PM

    I'm excited for you! Can I fit in your suitcase? Just kidding, but seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. alwaysablogsmaidMay 11, 2015 at 6:11 PM

    Aw thank you Jenna! I appreciate the birthday wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. alwaysablogsmaidMay 11, 2015 at 6:12 PM

    You really can't beat changing your entire look for $15.00.

    ReplyDelete
  8. alwaysablogsmaidMay 11, 2015 at 6:12 PM

    Do it, Heather! Or force one of your friends to make the list up like I did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.