HOME     ABout     Contact

5.04.2015

DIY: Party Favor Bags for Adults


This past Saturday was my 28th birthday. 
I take birthdays very seriously and have typically celebrated for an entire month over the last couple of years.  Thankfully my friends/family don't mind doing this, which is a huge blessing.  Could you see me ordering a slice of cake at every restaurant I ate at in the month of May alone?  I mean I would totally do it, but it wouldn't look good and neither would my waistline. 

One thing I'm passionate about, besides birthday cake, is finding the perfect gift for the people I love.  If I can't find it, the next best thing is making a gift that shows them how much they are appreciated and giving it to them on my birthday.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I like making others feel appreciated, even on my one day of the year that I turn a year older.  

The other day I asked a few of my friends what their favorite candy was so I could make them something.  I got back the following response from one of the girls: 

"Mentos Fruit Chews but if you're bringing us a gift on YOUR birthday dinner, 
you better NOT!"

Gladly, I did not take her advice because I would not have this wonderful DIY for y'all today, so without further ado...



How to make an adult party favor bag in 
FOUR easy steps: 


Step ONE: Buy cellophane bags, # of bags of candy you need, and any confetti paper at your local dollar store. 

Step TWO: Order personalized notecards and stickers from Tiny Prints gift section.  

The notecards, made of thick card stock, allowed me to write a thoughtful note to each person with no bleeding through after using my ink pens.  The stickers had enough room to write each girls' name and were the cutest way to close the cellophane bags.   The stickers also matched the notecards, so obviously that was a win.   




Step THREE (optional): If you really want to go all out, get personalized buttons made with your birthday hashtag.  I ordered mine from this Etsy shop.  




Step FOUR: Assemble the party bag.  

It goes like this: place the confetti in the bag first, then the candy, then the card in the back of the bag.  Close the bag and seal with personalized sticker.  Attach (optional) button to the side of the sticker and VOILA! 




You have now completely mastered the DIY Adult Birthday Party Favor bag. 
Because what adult doesn't want to wear a button and eat lots of candy?

Nobody, that's who. 






I was given the notecards and stickers as a gift from personalized notecards and stickers.  They made my birthday celebration(s) the easiest and most fun way to appreciate my friends on a birthday budget.  I highly recommend them and can't wait to purchase items from their website in the near future.  




4 comments:

  1. alwaysablogsmaidMay 4, 2015 at 8:55 PM

    Tis true, I'm a rare breed. I also have a couple extra buttons, if you would like one. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is adorable hahah I love it! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I miss having party favors for birthdays. Next time I have a party I'm doing this!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.