HOME     ABout     Contact

6.21.2015

#NewlyNowells


6.13.15
I was actually invited to two weddings on Saturday, June 13.  

Both brides, Caroline and Caitlin, were getting married at the same time but in different parts of Mississippi.  It was a tough decision but I stayed in town to attend the Jackson events, but I missed my Natchez people a lot. 


Caitlin and Allen's ceremony was beautiful and their preacher made me laugh a couple times which is always a win in my book.  The reception took place at the Jackson Country Club and I loved the whole set-up.  I had never been inside the County Club so that was fun to explore and see all the wedding details in all the different rooms. 



Ever since I decided to stop bringing my phone out at particular events, get-togethers and even girls' nights dinners, I've noticed that I haven't taken as many pictures as I used to.  I hear myself say a lot to friends: "just take it with your phone and send it to me."

 I am sure the blog is getting a little more boring for that and I apologize; but here are a few pictures sent to me in a group message: 





 I read online the other day that "The most dangerous food on the planet is wedding cake."  I'm not gonna lie, I ate big slices from both the brides's table and groom's table.  
I got on the scale the after the wedding weekend and I had gained three pounds. 
Sometimes the internet can have true things on it, y'all.   


All the cake eating was definitely the highlight of the night; however, other highlights included dancing to the wobble in the dark, trying red roasted pepper hummus, and being one of three girls on the dance floor to catch the bouquet.  I didn't catch it, but I did have a 1 in 3 chance, y'all. 

I am also thankful for weddings because it gives me a chance to doll myself up. The magic of makeup and camera filters will never be lost on me: 


And seat belts cause safety first.


Caitlin and Allen, thank you for inviting me to be a part of your wedding day.  Even though it was the first time I had ever met you, Allen, I already know you are going to be a great husband to Caitlin.  Caitlin, I know you are going to be a wonderful wife to Allen.  You both are loving people and I can't wait to see the both of you grow old together.  



Congrats to you both, the #NewlyNowells.  
I hope your honeymoon was more entertaining than this blog post.



6 comments:

  1. Oh I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! Bummer you couldn't be in two places at once - that's the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! Weddings are so magical and so is wedding cake unfortunately...making pounds magically appear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. alwaysablogsmaidJuly 14, 2015 at 7:53 PM

    Thank you Tiffany!! I want to say I got it from Belk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. alwaysablogsmaidJuly 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM

    I know, right? Thank you for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. alwaysablogsmaidJuly 14, 2015 at 7:54 PM

    Wedding cake, french fries, biscuits, all the carbs Jenna! I can't stop eating them!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.