HOME     ABout     Contact

6.02.2015

Old Friends, New Home


This past weekend was spent hosting another party.  
But not a bride or baby this time, a housewarming for Ryan and Bridget.  



I had never hosted a housewarming party before so I wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be a wonderful time. We had cheese and crackers, cupcakes, cookies and candy.  

The theme was "Home SWEET Home" so all the sugar was necessary.  There was punch, sweet tea, and water to drink all the sweetness down. 




Instead of gifts, the new home-owners only wanted gift cards because they need things like curtains and a weed-eater.  




But that didn't stop Kaylee and I for going against their wishes and buying them all the things from Dollar Tree and a random spatula from Hobby Lobby: 




But the married couple and I did not take a photo together so you get the girls and a quote wall: 



A little man came by the party to wave hey to everyone and then fell asleep.



I look forward to many years at this home with Bridget and Ryan.  They cook for me, always listen to me and offer advice when I ask for it.  I clean out their dishwasher and make sure there is nothing in their sink so it's a mutual love.  

They show me what a Godly married couple should be and it makes me optimistic about who I might share a home with someday. 

Cheers to OLD friends and a NEW home.


2 comments:

  1. I love housewarming parties! I wish more people did them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alwaysablogsmaidJune 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM

    Me too! It didn't feel too different from a normal "shower" but I know there could be more to it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.