HOME     ABout     Contact

7.14.2015

Happy Hour Honesty


It's been a month since I have posted anything about my life on here.  I have neglected my small space of the internet because I didn't feel like my life events mattered.  Since the beginning of June, my weeks have been a whirlwind of working 40+ frustrating hours in a cubicle and spending every night with exercise classes or happy hours/dinners with friends.  But mostly, those are just excuses.  There are plenty of bloggers who are much busier than I am and still make time for their online presence.  

If I'm being completely honest, I have just fallen into a blogger burnout: feeling like the last thing I wanna do after a long day of work is sit in front of another bright screen and type.  However, I haven't stopped reading blogs.  I look forward to my girls that stay consistent each week: Amber, Cassie, Kathleen, Whitney and Cely (just to name a few).  

I look forward to each and every post they publish and then I think "Do people look forward to my blog like that?"  And then I shake my head and think, probably not.  I have so much to say and even though I don't drink coffee, I relate to Amber's coffee date posts so much.  I don't want to completely copy her, so here is what I would say to you if we were at happy hour.



Image courtesy of @tay_dunn (instagram)


If we were at happy hour, I would order a margarita (like the famous "Baba-Rita" above (and convince you to order one too).  Or a regular margarita or anything fruity.  I would also order some type of chips and salsa/guacamole because it's delicious.  Basically, mixed drinks and laughter with friends are the only things keeping me afloat while I feel like I'm sinking in some other areas of my life right now. 


If we were at happy hour, I would tell you how lucky I am to be "Aunt Cassie."  I would tell you that I have officially met all the babies that were showered with love back in March and I plan to do a blog post separately because I mean....baby pictures.  I would tell you how much I love baby snuggles and how I'm becoming more secure when they cry and how they take pacifiers since my mom told me I never did. 

If we were at happy hour, I would tell you how The Pilates Studio is changing my life/attitude.  Last month, my best friend and owner of The Pilates Studio, had a sense that I was living in my own version of "June Gloom" and decided to help me out.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am for him and his ability to get me back on the right track.  For the last 3 weeks, I have attended 3 (flow) yoga classes and even more pilates classes and I have to admit: I struggle all the way through them, but every week I'm getting a little stronger and feeling a lot better.   





If we were at happy hour, I would tell you how my job isn't the best, but I'm thankful to have one.  I would tell you that where I work, I love most of my co-workers and feel safe.  I would tell you that we went live with a new computer system a week ago and it was the opposite of productive/joyful.  I would tell you that I struggled last week to keep my emotions in check and to realize that "this too shall pass." 


If we were at happy hour, I would tell you that I bought a workout tank just so I would be promoted on a blog.  I am not ashamed to admit it and I am on the bottom of this post, if you would like photographic evidence.  Thank you again, HRG!

If we were at happy hour, I would tell you that I haven't been on a date in over a year.  I would tell you that I am not worried about it and maybe that isn't a good thing.  I would tell you that I am so happy with the way things are going, that I don't even consider a male companion sharing my space and time anywhere in the near future.  


If we were at happy hour, I would ask you what your viewpoint is on marriage.  I would tell you how I have witnessed wives leave an event right when the husband was ready to go but they weren't, how some have decided not to go somewhere because the husband doesn't want them to/how it may hurt their feelings,  OR how some don't do anything without their significant other with them.  I would tell you that doesn't sit well with me.  I would open up and let you know that it kinda scares me that I may never find someone I want to hang out with all the time, because I love my free time/independence way too much.

If we were at happy hour, I would stop talking and listen to you.  Because that's what digging below the surface really means: to sit and listen to the good and bad and the ugly.  That's what this whole blogging community is about in my opinion; getting past the staged photos and going behind the scenes into the deeper parts of ourselves.


If we were at happy hour, what would you tell me? Tell me something below or shoot me an email at Alwaysablogsmaid@gmail.com. I promise I am much better at emails than I am publishing blog posts.

8 comments:

  1. I share some/most of your fears about marriage too, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you girl. #BloggerBurnout is real and it's frustrating. I've been feeling inadequate and like my posts don't matter, too, so I just stopped. You have the sweetest heart, and I loved reading this. So thankful to count you among my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kailynn!! I appreciate your comment so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOU. Thankful for your encouragement right when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know I'm not alone in it, thank you Nina!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.