HOME     ABout     Contact

9.02.2015

What I Learned in August...


I've been away from this space for almost a month and so much has happened.  
I'm blogging today while resting at home - waking up with a sore throat isn't ideal but hopefully I can go back to work tomorrow. 

I've been avoiding this space because I didn't know where to start.  When I saw Amber link up with Emily about what she learned in August, I decided what better way to recap a very busy month?  





The Superdome is not just a game, it's an experience. 

This past Sunday, August 30th, I attended my first NFL football game: New Orleans Saints vs. Houston Texans.  It was my first time to experience an NFL game, even it if was a pre-season one.  It was also my first time in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and I was beside myself with excitement.  I have been going to New Orleans at least twice a year since 2011.  During all that time, I was never able to step inside the Superdome, but now I know what all the hype is about.  

It was I N C R E D I B L E.  My mom and I had pretty amazing seats - Section 101, Row 10, Seats 25 and 26 which basically means we were on the end (which if you know me at all, you know that's my favorite).  Sunday was by far my favorite Sunday out of the entire month of August.  I didn't think I could fall even more in love with New Orleans, but somehow I did. 


 Extended weekends are always a good idea.



Since my girl's weekend at the beach a couple weekends ago, I've had each Monday off to travel back home.  Nothing makes your work week better than knowing your Monday morning ritual is actually Tuesday. 


 Blogger burnout is real.

As you can tell from the post before this current one, it's been a month since I've come to this space.  I haven't been blogging because I feel burned out.  I don't feel like anything I write is good enough to document on the world wide web.  I have a passion for writing, but the flame isn't burning very strongly these days.  I know I want to always come back here so there is a reason for the madness, I guess. 

I started this blog almost 4 years ago (this month!) to document my life - the good and the bad, the bridesmaid and the post-grad, and all the weekends in between.  I guess I just need to remember that main part: I'm writing these posts to remember what I revolve my life around.  It doesn't matter about the page views, the tweets, or the shares.  

I can always snap back into blogging when I remember that I want this space to be a reminder of how good my life really is and how God has blessed me with family/friends.  One day I'll be old and gray, and I want this space to remind me of my life - and hopefully that I lived it well. 

So with all that being said, I should have more posts up soon. :)




Becoming a Solidarity Sister was a great idea.




Susannah had a SOLIDARITY SISTER post a few weeks ago and I was curious about it.  Basically you fill out a form and she would match you up with another blogger in your niche - aka "meet" someone through email, read their blog and become friends.  I am so grateful for who she paired me with.  Meet my Solidarity Sister: Audrey!

I took this picture below from her About Me page on her blog.  Follow along with her journey as a current freshman sorority girl! Since I never rushed at Southern Miss, I'll be living through her experiences and hopefully have a little knowledge of post-grad life to prepare her for. :)


Each month should be celebrated.



August taught me that each month has it's reasons to celebrate.  September is here so it's time to start celebrating Brailyn's birthday, a housewarming party, football games, and getting ready for fall activities.  But what I'm most excited about?  Alumni Hi-Stepper season is back!  

Football starting again means that I'm closer to putting on my black dance shoes and kicking my legs with other ladies who all danced at Hinds.  I can't wait to get back in Bee Hall and stretch, laugh, and make more memories with the people I see consistently for 7 Sundays each year. 




What did you learn in August?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.