HOME     ABout     Contact

10.28.2015

First Comes Love, Then Comes Baskets...


Chances are you know someone getting married, having a baby, and/or moving into a new apartment/house right now.  If you don't have any clue on what to buy them or are working with a small budget, here are gift basket ideas for each type of celebration: 


The Engagement Basket 



My best friend got engaged on her daughter's birthday while they were all celebrating in Disneyworld, so what better way to start off the basket than with her own Minnie Mouse? I added the following items: Brides magazine, a journal, Thank you cards in her wedding color palette, Brittany Fuson notepad, HomeGoods tiny pins, and a few snacks for the following weeks of wedding planning.




Kitchen-Themed Bridal Shower Basket



A basket filled with dish towels, another Brittany Fuson notepad for the fridge, decorative straws, and everything from measuring cups to spatulas can help any bride be more efficient in the kitchen.  



The Honeymoon Basket 



This particular basket was one of my favorite ones to put together.  If you want to read exactly how it was made, click here.  


The Housewarming Basket 



This basket can be any/everything you could think of.  I tried to think of items that are needed, but that you may forget when you first move in: cleaning supplies, kitchen utensils, q-tips, seasonal napkins, cute straws to drink out of, Tupperware (for leftovers), a tumbler to drink out of, extra thing of antibacterial soap, etc.  Items I know I would want to have if I was living out on my own and didn't want to run to the store for a few items.


The Baby Basket


Babies can be expensive; so can having 5 baby showers in one month for friends.  If you want to know how I made 4 baskets without breaking the bank, click here



The First Anniversary Basket 




On October 11th, my younger sister and her husband celebrated their first wedding anniversary so anything paper was appropriate.  I immediately contacted Amber to see if she could re-create a specific picture for me to make their 'paper' anniversary really special.   



Get your own custom design done here



To finish off the anniversary basket, I also added leftover envelopes that were stamped with their address (that were left over from all the showers); a personalized coffee cup and two types of teas that remind her of the wedding cake she wanted.

The best thing about baskets is that you can literally add whatever you want to it and it's going to be a hit.  I have found most of the baskets at HomeGoods and Tuesday Morning, but you can also go as cheap as Dollar Tree.  Baskets can be created for all budgets and that may be the part I love the most.


If you need any basket ideas at all, do not hesitate to ask me.  
Email me anytime at Alwaysablogsmaid@gmail.com.



9 comments:

  1. oh my lord these are so cute! I'm a big basket gift lover too (just did one for a baby shower I threw), but I'm always struggling with the cost while not making them look cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for the basket compliment, Erin!

      My suggestion for always making them look cute is adding a clear plastic bag around it with a colorful ribbon - and always check out the dollar tree - their stuff will surprise you!

      Delete
  2. What great ideas! Never though to do basket gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! It's one of my favorite ways to give gifts now.

      Delete
  3. I love doing baskets! My favourites are for housewarmings, birthdays and weddings. I've never thought to do an engagement basket but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know I'm not alone on making baskets, Donna! Thank you for commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. You are the basket master Cassie!! These are all wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basket master?! That's the best compliment EVER, Jenna! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts ANYTIME.
I will reply back.